LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - July 25, 2012) - MAG Developments has unveiled its ten-year vision for the development of 540,000 square feet of new business space at its Aviation Business Park at Bournemouth Airport.
The new development, which is backed by Christchurch Borough Council and Dorset County Council, will include offices, commercial property to let, industrial units, warehousing and distribution facilities, as well as aviation uses. Specifically the project has the potential to create over 1,000 new jobs over the next decade. New businesses will be attracted to the area as well as those existing ones being given the chance to expand. Jobs will also be created during the construction stage.
General Manager for Property at M.A.G, Stephanie Mullenger, said: "Aviation Business Park has maintained a high level of resilience through the economic downturn and has shown robustness in meeting demand for smaller industrial units and relocating larger units, with occupancy levels now at around 97%.
"It is a particularly favourable location for industrial occupiers within the A31-M27 Corridor, offering the unique benefit of direct access to the airport, its flights and its full length commercial runway. The project will continue to build upon those successes, generate more economic activity in the area and the support the growth of businesses already based at Aviation Business Park."
Planning permission for the project was granted in December 2011, but these plans now unveil the future of the area and include:
- Significant improvements to vehicular access to the site, as well as public transport links, pedestrian and bicycle access
- A contribution of £1.1m to Dorset County Council to facilitate it's role in delivering these works as Highways Authority
- Enhancements to Aviation Business Park's existing infrastructure
- A new area of heathland habitat adding to the biodiversity of the Business Park
The design principle that underpins the entire project is to create a mix of modern, commercially attractive units, which are extremely flexible. Flexibility is the key to the project, ensuring that a mix of different occupiers can use the space, guaranteeing a continued lifespan.
Notes to editors
- MAG Developments is one of Europe's leading airport property developers.
- It is leading the £650m Airport City Enterprise Zone project in Manchester; has already completed the £22m development of the Radisson Blu East Midlands Airport; and delivered £6m of new build projects at Bournemouth's Aviation Business Park.
- M.A.G is the largest UK-owned airport operator serving around 25million passengers and handling half a million tonnes of air freight each year. M.A.G also includes the commercial property company, MAG Developments.