SOURCE: Pentaho Corporation
LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwire - May 9, 2011) - EMC World - Pentaho, the pioneer in agile business intelligence (BI), today announced it is an initial technology leader supporting the EMC® Greenplum® distribution of Hadoop. In addition, Pentaho also now offers native adaptor support for Greenplum GPLoad (bulk loader), which enables Greenplum and Pentaho customers to leverage Pentaho's data integration capabilities to capture, prep and quickly load massive amounts of data into Greenplum tools in a more manageable graphically designed way.
The growth of unstructured data is driving opportunity and need for Hadoop in the enterprise. EMC Greenplum HD, a new family of Apache Hadoop-based solutions introduced by EMC, along with the EMC Hadoop ecosystem, will provide the first complete Big Data stack that includes storage, a MapReduce framework for processing unstructured data, an analytic database, predictive analytics and business intelligence. This enterprise grade "whole solution" is what customers require to enable the timely, efficient deployment of Hadoop, making Hadoop faster, more dependable, and easier to use.
In support of this launch, Pentaho has tested and certified support of both Pentaho Data Integration and the Pentaho BI Suite Enterprise Edition working with EMC Greenplum Hadoop and EMC Greenplum database and data warehouse products.
- Pentaho complements the Greenplum distribution of Hadoop providing an end-to-end Data Integration and Business Intelligence suite that enables an easy-to-use, graphical environment for managing data movement into and out of Hadoop and the cost advantages of commercial open source.
- Pentaho helps lower the technical barriers to adopting Hadoop by providing easy to use tools for:
- Managing the movement of data into and out of Hadoop,
- Orchestrating the execution of Hadoop jobs in relation to other tasks in ETL and/or BI workflows,
- Ability to graphically design MapReduce jobs,
- Batch reporting against data in Hadoop.
- Customers wanting to move massive amounts of data into Greenplum tools can now leverage Pentaho's native adaptor support for Greenplum GPLoad enabling them to easily capture, prep and quickly load massive amounts of data into Greenplum tools through a simplified user interface.
- As the first BI vendor to announce support of Hadoop in May 2010, Pentaho has helped dozens of companies in a wide variety of industry verticals leverage Hadoop to solve difficult Data Integration challenges and deliver rich Business Intelligence solutions against massive amounts of data.
- Pentaho continues to work with a variety of distributions in the marketplace and is very excited to support EMC Greenplum's entrance to the Hadoop Marketplace.
Quotes and Multimedia
"Pentaho's certification on the EMC Greenplum Distribution of Hadoop enables organizations to combine Pentaho's powerful BI suite with the strength of EMC Greenplum's storage and data management domain expertise. Together, EMC Greenplum and Pentaho will enable maximum data throughput, significantly shorten implementation cycles for new Hadoop deployments and help increase the overall adoption of Hadoop."
- Richard Daley, co-founder and CEO, Pentaho Corporation
"To help customers realize the Big Data opportunity, EMC is proud to be working with an ecosystem of technology leaders who are helping spread the power of Hadoop. Pentaho's commitment and contribution to Hadoop is critical in making this burgeoning but powerful technology available to people and companies around the world, allowing them to realize the value from their vast amounts of data."
- Bill Cook, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Data Computing Division, EMC
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is reinventing business intelligence by introducing an agile approach that makes it faster, simpler and more cost effective to create reports, dashboards and analytics. For a free evaluation download Pentaho BI at www.pentaho.com/download.
EMC and Greenplum are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.