SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 26, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Today at its annual Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) global Kickoff event, Oracle announced that it continues to see record numbers of partners leveraging its OPN Enablement resources and certifications to deliver differentiated value to customers around the world.
- Today, more than 4,400 Oracle partners have become Specialized, representing more than 18,000 individual specializations across 100 available technology and industry specific certifications. This volume represents an 83 percent growth rate in new partner specializations in Oracle's fiscal year 2012 over 2011.
- In addition, OPN has added 29,000 new certification specialists this year, totaling over 80,000 certified specialists worldwide.
- To demonstrate their expertise and differentiation in the market through Specialization, partners continue to leverage other OPN programs and resources to improve the performance and reliability of their offerings and deliver value-added services and solutions to partners.
System Integrator Partners Demonstrate Oracle Expertise and Differentiation in the Market
- Oracle works closely with Diamond and Platinum partners to deliver repeatable solution offerings that can build Clouds with Oracle's technology, improve business value, simplify the IT experience and drive innovation and efficiencies for joint customers around the globe.
- Today, there are over 190 innovative, cross-product repeatable offerings among Oracle's top System Integrators.
- Paving the path towards Specialization in Oracle Fusion Applications, OPN today offers partners more than 1,000 free online implementation-focused and 23 instructor-led training courses through Oracle University. Already, Oracle partners have completed over 30,000 online training modules for Oracle Fusion Applications available through the OPN Knowledge Zone for Oracle Fusion Applications.
ISVs Deliver Better Performance and Customer Value on Oracle Technology
- ISV and OEM partners also continue to rapidly adopt and certify their Oracle technology offerings -- from Embedded Java to Oracle Engineered Systems -- helping them deliver new solutions to market faster, increase efficiencies and deliver optimum performance to customers.
- ISVs are realizing the benefits of the Oracle Exastack Program with more than 400 ISV applications achieving an Oracle Exastack Ready status, over 100 ISV applications tested and supported on Oracle Exadata Database Machine or Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, and over 35 achieving an Oracle Exastack Optimized status.
- In addition, there are now nearly 150 partners representing more than 210 current Oracle Validated Integrations.
Resellers Leverage Oracle Software and Hardware to Extend Growth and Profits
- Oracle reseller partners continue to leverage both hardware and software solutions to expand their market opportunities and growth potential with Oracle.
- In FY12, Oracle saw strong traction for the OPN Incentive Program, leading to significant increases in registered incremental pipeline, and increase in deals that also incorporated Oracle support, and strong growth in the market segment.
- Oracle today also announced an expanded relationship with TechData, who recently extended their reseller agreement to include both Oracle software and hardware. Through this collaboration, TechData becomes a global distributor of Oracle Technology Software and Systems Hardware products, including Oracle Engineered Systems. Oracle partners will also be able to purchase all available channel products from Tech Data, with appropriate OPN resale rights.
- "Oracle is extremely focused on building the industry's most admired partner ecosystem -- which today spans over 25,000 partners. We believe that with our expansive product portfolio and available enablement resources Oracle can provide more value to our partners than any other company in our industry today," said Judson Althoff, senior vice president, Worldwide Alliances & Channels, Oracle. "We are leading our system integrators to establish innovative, repeatable and strategic offerings around our technology, enabling our ISVs to enhance their architectures, and building up our product-focused VARs into cross-stack solution providers. Today's kickoff event is geared to help partners understand these opportunities so they can strategically leverage them throughout FY13."
- "With Oracle, Tata Consultancy Services customers gain access to the latest technology and best practices -- allowing them to bring new products to market faster and maintain a competitive edge," said Krishnan Ramanujam, vice president, Enterprise Solutions and Technology Excellence, Tata Consultancy Services. "In working together to deliver new strategic services and offerings, such as the Tata Consultancy Services Center of Excellence for Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle and Tata Consultancy Services are enabling customers to experience firsthand how innovative technology solutions, like Oracle Exadata, can positively impact their business."
- "Speed and reliability are critical to customers and the success of our business," said Bill Hewitt, CEO, Kalido. "In the cloud world, customers need to trust that your offering will be running as promised as unscheduled system lag or downtime will quickly lead to lost customers and revenue. Through the Oracle Exastack Program, Kalido was able to tune and test the Kalido Information Engine on Oracle Exadata Database Machine to be able to deliver the optimum performance our customers demand, 24x7."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.