SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 25, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced Oracle Java Embedded Suite 7.0, a new, packaged offering that facilitates creating applications across a wide range of embedded systems including network appliances, healthcare devices, home gateways and routers and large peripheral devices, such as multi-function printers.
- Oracle Java Embedded Suite 7.0 is based on Oracle Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE) Embedded 7, Java DB, and versions of GlassFish for Embedded Suite and the Jersey Web Services Framework optimized for reduced footprint.
- With this new bundle, Oracle has pre-integrated web server, web services and database technologies, along with an application framework, into a standards-based solution optimized for embedded devices.
- Key features of Oracle Java Embedded Suite 7.0 include:
- Java runtime with a reduced footprint that preserves full compliance with the Java SE 7 specification
- Secure, reliable structured data storage and modern SQL support
- Full compliance with the Java Servlet 3.0 specification
- Secure hosting of web services, static and dynamic web content and client access to RESTful web services
- Configuration options to enable deployment-specific tuning and performance optimizations
- Oracle Java Embedded Suite helps customers achieve faster time to market by leveraging proven middleware components with their existing Java skill sets.
- Oracle Java Embedded Suite 7.0 is now available for Linux on x86 and Linux on ARM. An evaluation implementation of Oracle Java Embedded Suite 7.0 is available for download from the Oracle Technology Network (OTN).
- Oracle's Java Embedded products enable device manufacturers to leverage the massive Java ecosystem that includes over 9 million Java developers worldwide.
- Java Embedded technologies are a key component of Oracle's complete, 'device to datacenter' platform, simplifying implementation of Machine to Machine (M2M) solutions.
- Addressing the strong demand for Java in the embedded market, Oracle is hosting a new Java Embedded @ JavaOne event taking place October 3-4 at the Hotel Nikko in San Francisco. This event allows decision makers to attend the Java Embedded @ JavaOne business-focused program, while their IT/development staff can attend the technically-focused JavaOne conference.
- Oracle is showcasing Java Embedded and Java ME technologies at JavaOne 2012 during over 60 conference sessions and BOFs, as well as in the JavaOne Exhibition Hall.
- JavaOne 2012 will take place September 30 - October 4, 2012 in the Zone at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square, Hotel Nikko, Parc 55 Wyndham and the Taylor Street Café.
Java Facts and Figures
- 97% of enterprise desktops run Java
- 1 billion Java downloads each year
- More than 3 billion devices are powered by Java technology
- 80% of mobile developers target the Java platform
- More than 125 million Java-based TV devices have been deployed
- Over 8 billion Java Card units have been shipped since its introduction
- "The rapid growth of the 'Internet of Things' in industries such as home networking, medical devices, energy grid management, industrial automation, M2M and wireless devices is increasing demand for the delivery and deployment of standard based applications which are capable of collecting and managing data and data traffic from numerous embedded devices," said Nandini Ramani, vice president of Engineering, Java Client and Mobile Platforms, Oracle. "Oracle Java Embedded Suite allows customers to use standard middleware components to more quickly develop applications that can aggregate, store and transmit data securely to and from these resource constrained devices and helps ensure timely and low cost data concentration for M2M or M2M-like systems."
The JavaOne conference brings together Java experts and enthusiasts for an extraordinary week of learning and networking focused entirely on all things Java. With more than 400 sessions covering topics that span the breadth of the Java universe, keynotes from foremost Java visionaries, and expert-led hands-on learning opportunities, JavaOne is the world's most important event for the Java community.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.