SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 2, 2012) - ORACLE OPENWORLD 2012 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle Fusion Tap, a native iPad application that redefines the level of productivity users can achieve while on-the-go.
- Oracle Fusion Tap runs off cloud-based enterprise applications and across Oracle Application Cloud Services, requiring only one simple Apple App Store installation.
- Automatically personalized to each user, Oracle Fusion Tap gives users exactly what they need at their fingertips and provides the long-sought, key functionalities to remain productive and to keep business moving, even when away from the desk.
- Designed specifically for the iPad and the mobile workforce, Oracle Fusion Tap provides access with or without an Internet connection.
- By grouping functional capabilities into three core areas of "connect," "analyze," and "work," users can easily and directly connect with what they need in the app, complete activities, and move on.
- As organizations strive for a lean and agile workforce, Oracle Fusion Tap helps users find and make connections with the right people at the right time, obtaining answers to questions quickly and removing roadblocks faster.
- Oracle Fusion Tap also provides users with secure access to actionable performance indicators and day-to-day management of their workforce and sales force automation.
- "Both the enterprise and technology providers must recognize the need to innovate and adapt for the increasing mobility of the workforce -- not just for sales teams, but across the organization," said Carter Lusher, Research Fellow and Chief Analyst of Enterprise Applications Ecosystem, Ovum. "A mobile application that quickly and powerfully allows employees to make connections, analyze data, and complete activities at any time and wherever they may be located drives new levels of business value and enhances efficiency. Frankly, mobile access is no longer a 'nice to have' but a 'must have.'"
- "The mobile workforce is a business reality, and Oracle Fusion Tap is an example of how Oracle delivers mobile and cloud innovations that fundamentally improve productivity and how we work," said Chris Leone, Senior Vice President of Application Development, Oracle. "With Oracle Fusion Tap users will have an all-in-one, easily extensible app that puts mission-critical data and colleague connection at their fingertips."
Oracle CRM on Social Media
Oracle OpenWorld Resources
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which draws more than 50,000 attendees from over 144 countries, offers more than 2,100 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure -- all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2012 is being held September 30-October 4 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information or to register, please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more live on YouTube. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook and the Oracle OpenWorld Blog.