SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 1, 2012) - ORACLE OPENWORLD -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Exchange @ Oracle OpenWorld, an enhanced program experience customized for OPN members, kicked off a full week of networking and learning opportunities for Oracle partners.
- More than 5,000 partners gathered online and in person from around the world to learn about Oracle's strategic priorities for FY13 and how to further differentiate and expand their business with Oracle.
- Judson Althoff, Oracle's Senior Vice President of Worldwide Alliances & Channels, thanked the partner community for their continued investment and highlighted the critical role partners play in Oracle's success and that of its customers.
- Althoff encouraged its partner community -- which today spans 25,000 members -- to differentiate their services through Specialization and leverage Oracle's innovation in Engineered Systems, technology solutions, Oracle Fusion Applications, the Oracle Cloud and industries to extend their services and business opportunities.
- To date, Oracle has more than 4,600 Specialized partners and 29,000 total cumulative certified implementation specialists. For more information visit here.
- Partners, including Deloitte, Keste, Maplesoft Technology and Cintra joined Oracle PartnerNetwork Exchange on stage, with Arrow Electronics and Avnet participating via video, to showcase their successes with Oracle.
- Oracle Sales Executives joined the session including Matt Mills and Joanne Olsen who outlined the opportunity to engage with Oracle.
- Althoff also noted the unprecedented opportunity for partners presented by Oracle's Cloud strategy and unveiled Oracle's new channel strategy for its comprehensive cloud solutions, including the Oracle Cloud Referral Program, Oracle Cloud Specializations featuring RapidStart, Oracle Cloud Resell Program, Platform Services for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs).
- Oracle President Mark Hurd joined the session to praise the partners for their continued contribution to Oracle and commitment to driving customer excellence.
- Recognizing partners for their achievements through a Specialized approach, winners of the 2012 Oracle Excellence Awards for Specialized Partner of the Year - North America and EMEA were also announced.
- "Partners are key to our reach into the marketplace and essential to the execution of our strategic agenda," said Oracle President Mark Hurd. "Cloud is an outstanding opportunity for partners to provide value-added services that can help customers significantly reduce costs and increase business efficiency."
- "Oracle is focused on building and supporting the industry's most admired partner ecosystem -- which today spans over 25,000 partners," said Judson Althoff, Senior Vice President Worldwide Alliances and Channels, Oracle. "Partners are critical to our success and we are committed to providing the resources, tools and technology they need to enable our partners to expand and profit with Oracle. We have seen tremendous growth in partners adopting our engineered systems and Oracle Fusion Applications and now we are extending those partner opportunities to the Oracle Cloud."
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which draws more than 50,000 attendees from over 140 countries, offers more than 2,100 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure - all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2012 is being held September 30-October 4 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more live on YouTube. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook and the Oracle OpenWorld Blog.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.