SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 27, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle invites the community of San Francisco to spend the day with ORACLE TEAM USA @ Yerba Buena Gardens from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 29.
- Visitors will have the opportunity to experience the excitement of America's Cup racing first-hand at the ORACLE TEAM USA America's Cup Pavilion. Highlights will include:
- A model of the team's fastest and most technologically advanced vessel, the AC45;
- Educational Innovation briefings, led by a team member, on the technology used during the races;
- The opportunity to meet the crew of the 34th America's Cup yacht;
- A chance to catch a glimpse of the America's Cup trophy, the oldest trophy in the history of international sports, which will be on display throughout the day;
- A gaming area, where attendees can grab an iPad to play virtual America's Cup racing games and participate in contests win prizes; and
- A Puma merchandise store selling official team gear.
- This event is one of 125+ activities that Yerba Buena Gardens Festival hosts for the local neighborhood and community throughout the year and coincides with the kick off of Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco, Sept. 30 - Oct. 4, 2012.
- ORACLE TEAM USA America's Cup Pavilion allows Oracle to show its appreciation for the San Francisco community's ongoing support for its Oracle OpenWorld and for the ORACLE TEAM USA leading up to the America's Cup Race in 2013.
- In addition, Oracle and the America's Cup Healthy Ocean Project support ocean conservation and sustainability efforts to help protect ocean health, waterways and the environment through awareness efforts and coastal cleanup projects. 148 Oracle Volunteers took part in the recent California Coastal Cleanup event at San Francisco's Ocean Beach and the America's Cup Healthy Ocean Project participated in California Coastal Cleanups at Aquatic Park, China Beach and Golden Gate Park.
- "We are excited to work with the Yerba Buena Gardens Festival to bring the ORACLE TEAM USA America's Cup Pavilion experience to the local San Francisco community," said Tania Weidick, Vice President, Oracle Marketing. "ORACLE TEAM USA America's Cup Pavilion @ Yerba Buena Gardens is a truly fun-filled way to bring everyone together to explore the excitement and innovation behind the sport and to share Oracle's and ORACLE TEAM USA's passion for preserving the natural beauty, waterways and oceans that make the San Francisco area special."
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the largest and most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which draws more than 50,000 attendees from over 123 countries, offer more than 2,500 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure -- all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2012 is being held September 30-October 4 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information or to register, please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more live on YouTube. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook and the Oracle OpenWorld Blog.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.