SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 21, 2011) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that it is has entered into an agreement to acquire FatWire Software (FatWire), a leading provider of web experience management solutions.
- Web experience management enables organizations to build and deploy a targeted and interactive online presence that optimizes the interactions companies have with their customers.
- Increasingly, more companies have come to rely on their web sites as the most important channel for communication, marketing, customer engagement and commerce.
- FatWire's proven solutions provide organizations with the ability to deliver relevant customer content, build community engagement and drive site stickiness and loyalty.
- The acquisition of FatWire is expected to further extend Oracle's technology and applications product offerings for customers seeking to build a unified customer experience across channels. It enables Oracle to provide a complete customer experience management solution that helps organizations drive customer retention and loyalty through improved online engagement -- across web, mobile and social channels.
- FatWire complements Oracle's leading technology products including Oracle Fusion Middleware, Business Intelligence, Enterprise Content Management, and Portal technology. It also complements Oracle's leading application products including Oracle Customer Relationship Management and ATG Web Commerce.
- The transaction is expected to close mid-year 2011. Until the deal closes, each company will continue to operate independently. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
- "Together, Oracle and FatWire plan to deliver the most complete web experience management solution that will enable companies to fully optimize the customer experience with innovative social tools that enable user generated content in a managed environment," said Hasan Rizvi, Senior Vice President at Oracle. "The addition of FatWire products will give Oracle the ability to provide a complete suite of software that empowers web marketers to engage visitors, converting more prospects to customers, and enhancing customer loyalty."
- "FatWire solutions help organizations drive customer engagement and loyalty by offering a targeted and interactive online experience across web and mobile channels," said Yogesh Gupta, President and CEO, FatWire Software. "This acquisition is expected to provide FatWire customers with dramatically expanded products and services to help them achieve their online customer experience goals."
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit www.oracle.com
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.