SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Jul 19, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Building on its commitment to help customers easily manage all their identity and access requirements with an open, complete and integrated solution that is proven to scale, Oracle today announced Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2, the next evolution of the Oracle Identity Management platform.
- Today's enterprises face new challenges as they drive growth and reduce costs -- from driving consumer adoption with simplified customer registration and access through social networking and delivering compelling and secure access for mobile applications to managing cloud infrastructures as if they were on-premise applications -- requiring a new level of identity management protection.
- With new and enhanced features optimized to secure the new digital experience, Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2 enables organizations to securely embrace cloud, mobile and social infrastructures and reach new user communities to help further expand and develop their businesses.
- Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2 also continues to deliver the industry's only complete, open and integrated Identity Management solution with enhanced features that enable customers to efficiently comply with the latest regulatory requirements, secure critical applications and sensitive data and streamline password management for high risk accounts, in addition to still lowering operational costs.
- A key component of Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2 is built on Oracle's platform, open standards approach to respect customer choice so organizations can leverage these technologies out-of-the-box with Oracle Fusion Middleware, as well as non-Oracle applications and middleware.
Identity Management Simplified and Complete
- Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2 brings together Oracle's entire portfolio of Identity Management offerings, consolidating them into three main categories designed to help customers reach a new equilibrium in performance and operational scale. The categories include:
- Oracle Identity Governance: addresses access request, provisioning and certification with a simple common user experience built on single platform powered by rich analytics to meet an organization's compliance, governance and security needs. New features include Oracle Privileged Account Manager, a business friendly, self service shopping cart style user interface that enables employees to request access to applications, simple in the browser customization, new cloud application provisioning support; and enhanced compliance reporting with multi-level certification.
- Oracle Access Management: offers end-to-end user authentication and authorization protection across an organization's data, applications, and web services. New features include native mobile security and single sign on, support for Social Sign-on (Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Twitter, LinkedIn), and REST API for custom and mobile application development, support for multiple identity stores and multi-datacenter configurations, enhanced third party integrations and enhanced fraud detection.
- Oracle Directory Services: Oracle offers a comprehensive, proven directory service option. New features include proximity based searching and virtual attributes enable frequent updates to the directory made by location based services to support mobile and social applications; an Optimized Solution for Oracle Unified Directory, featuring carrier-grade scalability and reliability that enables breakthrough performance for cloud, mobile and social ecosystems; All-in-one capabilities that unify storage, proxy, synchronization and virtualization allowing flexibility for enterprise and large scale deployments with a smaller footprint that simplifies management and installation while helping ensure interoperability with a wide range of hardware and operating systems.
- "We designed Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2 to meet the new challenges our customers face from the today's digital experience to help them better secure their existing infrastructure and continue to expand their reach," said Amit Jasuja, vice president of development, Security and Identity Management at Oracle. "With Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2, organizations can strengthen and simplify identity lifecycle management across the entire enterprise, while still meeting complex compliance and regulatory requirements."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.