SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 22, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Mobile, an extension of the Oracle Application Development Framework.
- Part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle ADF Mobile is a HTML5 and Java-based framework that enables developers to easily build, deploy, and extend enterprise applications for mobile environments, including iOS and Android, from a single code base. Based on a next-generation hybrid mobile development architecture, Oracle ADF Mobile allows developers to increase productivity, while protecting investments, by enabling code reuse through a flexible, open standards-based architecture.
- Oracle ADF Mobile based applications enable enterprises across industries to meet frequently changing mobile requirements by allowing developers to rapidly and visually develop applications once, and deploy to multiple devices and platforms.
- Developers can leverage the latest Oracle ADF Mobile capabilities to:
- Extend enterprise applications to mobile devices: Developers can simplify their application infrastructure through a common, proven platform that spans server, desktop and mobile applications, and secure mobile applications with end-to-end security and encryption.
- Increase productivity: Developers can expedite time-to-market by developing one application that can be deployed to multiple platforms through this hybrid mobile application architecture. Quicker development is also enabled through a visual and declarative programming model that is already common to Oracle ADF developers. Oracle ADF and Oracle ADF Mobile share the same declarative programming model. This allows ADF developers to create mobile applications without having to learn new skills. Developers can realize increased productivity and reduced maintenance costs by using Oracle ADF Mobile's rich library of prebuilt and proven components that give the look and feel of device-native applications.
- "With Oracle ADF Mobile, developers can spend less time re-writing code and more time building the most advanced enterprise mobile applications," said Chris Tonas, Vice President Application Development Tools, Oracle. "Oracle ADF Mobile is tightly integrated with the Oracle Fusion Middleware product portfolio, supports Oracle Fusion Applications, and can easily integrate non-Oracle-based applications. With a rich, visual and declarative programming model, Oracle ADF Mobile helps developers increase their productivity and deliver applications faster -- you write applications once and deploy on multiple mobile platforms, including iOS and Android."
- "Accenture is excited to integrate Oracle ADF Mobile into our industry-leading project accelerator -- the Accenture Foundation Platform for Oracle -- to help meet the demands of clients who want to go mobile quickly and cost effectively," said Derek Steelberg, global managing director of Oracle business for Accenture. "Our clients can use the Accenture Foundation Platform for Oracle to simplify and accelerate the extension of their Oracle applications to both the iOS and Android platforms, while addressing common challenges such as device management and security."
- "Infosys was one of the first off the block to implement an Oracle ADF based mobile solution for companies that wanted more flexible and agile business processes and had participated in the early access program for Oracle ADF Mobile," said Ravi Kumar S, Vice President and Global Head of the Oracle Practice at Infosys. "Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle ADF Mobile allow us to deliver mobile solutions rapidly, integrate numerous backend applications, and support mobile applications across iOS and Android platforms through one common framework. In turn, our clients can lower Total Cost of Operation (TCO) and can bring innovative products and services faster to market for their customers."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.