SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 13, 2012) - Optimal, Inc. (http://optimalsocial.com), the leading social media advertising and analytics platform, today announced the release of Optim.al version 3.0, its self-service advertising platform that supports Facebook® Exchange (FBX).
Retargeting campaigns typically see 600% to 2,500% lift compared to traditional site-targeted display ad campaigns (Optimal aggregate data from 2009 to date). Optimal has over three years of real-time bidding and retargeting experience across over a dozen ad exchanges, and is an established Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer. Optimal is immediately making retargeting on FBX available to its existing enterprise advertisers who are utilizing its Optim.al 3.0 platform.
"Getting your truly valuable customers and brand advocates to engage with your brand in the Facebook social environment means that an authentic customer's voice can be magnified 200x via paid media. This should be a major priority for every Chief Marketing Officer when they think about CRM and customer segmentation," said Rob Leathern, Optimal's Founder and CEO. "Optimal recently helped a major financial services company double its fan base in two weeks, at a lower cost-per-fan than they had ever achieved before."
In addition to support for FBX, Optimal is proud to announce the following elements in its version 3.0 platform release:
- Open Graph Sponsored Stories and Action Targeting. Customers can target users and their friends based on Open Graph actions. Sponsored Stories that target Open Graph actions promote engagement with Facebook's Timeline applications. Optimal recently saw a 35% better cost per action on Open Graph targeted Sponsored Stories for a major retailer versus regular Sponsored Stories, and a 250% clickthrough rate lift compared to average Marketplace ads.
- Evolutionary Goal-based Optimization: Automatically allocates budget to the best performing demographics and placements, and optimizes for desired reach and frequency, with fully-transparent lifetime optimization history.
- Custom Rule-based Auto-Optimization Engine and Simulator: Automates any bid, budget, pause, restart, dayparting, or frequency capping action based on customizable intervals and conditions. Customers can simulate the results of optimization rules based on real-time performance data.
- Hybrid Reporting/Management User Interface: Intuitive Ajax-based user interface with inline controls allows pivoting, reporting and management of all ads and campaigns hyper-efficiently in bulk. Running + scheduling reports by hour or day is easy, with custom real-time data dashboards and charts throughout.
- Data-Driven Campaign Design Tools: Optimal's Keyword Expander helps advertisers navigate over 3.6 billion interest- and topic-relationships to create reach- and frequency-optimized groups based on budget and audience constraints.
- Image, Creative & Targeting Libraries & Getty Images Integration: Efficiently create multivariate reusable iterations of your creative and targeting elements. Instantly search, sort and buy stock photos from over 1.1 million high-resolution images via the Getty Images API.
"We've been very impressed with Optimal's optimization technology, and their well-organized, highly responsive team does an excellent job of sharing their intellect in this space, in a way that both makes us and our clients smarter, and builds trust," added Kristin Mollerus, VP and Associate Media Director for Hill Holliday.
About Optimal, Inc.
Optimal, Inc. is the leading social media analytics and advertising platform and is a member of Facebook's Preferred Marketing Developer (PMD) program. The company's ad management platform and audience insights help advertisers intelligently shape media buying and audience development on a software license or managed service basis. The Optimal Index and other social media data tools are available for free at http://optimalsocial.com
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.