CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Nov. 21, 2012) - Operation Eyesight Universal
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
It's also time to think about gifts for the special people in your life. And we all have people who are next to impossible to shop for.
Avoid the usual shopping madness this season while supporting projects that transform lives. Calgary-based Operation Eyesight Universal's Gift Guide program offers meaningful gift ideas that touch two lives this holiday season - one is a friend, associate or loved one and the other is a person in need in Africa or India.
Operation Eyesight presents five gift ideas for the hard-to-buy-for people on your list (all prices Canadian):
- For the bookworm who buys all the books for herself, bring the world into focus for three children with the gift of brand-new, custom-fitted prescription eyeglasses. Your gift can help children enjoy reading for only $20.
- For the person who loves to travel and see the world, give a cataract surgery for just $30. Cataract is the most common form of blindness in the world and quite easily treatable with a straightforward surgery. Give the gift of sight today and open a world of new possibilities for someone in Africa or India!
- For the teenager in your life who takes 20 minute showers (or perhaps one who rarely showers at all), give the gift of water. The struggle against avoidable blindness can't be won without access to clean water, which is in scarce supply in sub-Saharan Africa. Gifts that fund water projects start at $50.
- For the volunteer who is always looking after the community, give the gift of community eye care for $100. Often people who need care the most can't make it to a clinic or hospital. Community eye care brings care to them - reaching marginalized individuals and families right where they live.
- For the teacher or person who loves to learn, give the gift of training. The training we fund gives locals the means to take care of their own people. Gifts of training start at $100.
Each unique, tax-deductible gift is sent to the recipient as a colourful greeting card, personalized with your message. It also includes a special tag describing the gift you selected. The tag can be displayed on a tree or fridge or even used as a bookmark.
Making a difference is easy. Simply order Operation Eyesight gifts online at www.operationeyesight.com/giftguide or call toll-free 1-800-585-8265.
Operation Eyesight is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of avoidable blindness in parts of the developing world. We work with medical professionals and communities in Africa and India to help provide quality eye care programs and sustainable community development. For fifty years, through the support of our donors, millions of the world's poorest people have had their sight restored or protected. To learn more about Operation Eyesight's work, visit www.operationeyesight.com.
To view the image associated with this release, please see the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20121121-1121oe_800.jpg