BURNABY, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - July 18, 2012) - Burnaby's newest community has been given the go-ahead by the City of Burnaby and that means sales for the highly anticipated SOLO District can begin as early as this Saturday, July 21st.
"We've already had an overwhelming response from people all around the Lower Mainland about SOLO District," says Jim Bosa, president of Appia Developments. "We've had several thousand people visit our sales centre to preview the units over the past few weeks. We're now excited to be able to start selling."
SOLO District (an acronym for South of Lougheed) is being touted as Burnaby's most livable urban community, home to four sleek glass towers ranging from 38 to 55 stories and more than 1,400 homes.
"We firmly believe that SOLO District is poised to change the way we live in the Lower Mainland," says George Wong of Magnum Projects. "SOLO District will have everything anyone needs within a short distance. Buyers will not only get access to fresh produce at Whole Foods, but easily accessible transit via the SkyTrain, short commutes to downtown Vancouver, car-sharing options through Modo."
There's a lot to get excited about.
- Spacious condominiums ranging from efficient junior one-bedrooms to three-bedroom and den penthouse suites, all equipped with imported Italian cabinetry, clean, modern finishes, nine foot ceilings and extra large balconies.
- Geothermal heat exchange system and individual gas meters protect the local environment and help homeowners save on costs and strata fees.
- Central air-conditioning in all suites, a 24-hour concierge, pedestrian paths, an elevated dog park, separate indoor fitness centre, attractively appointed amenity space and residents only roof top BBQ area make life that much more comfortable.
- Mobility at your doorstep with Brentwood SkyTrain station across the street, pedestrian paths, a cycling route, and Modo car sharing vehicles waiting for your convenience.
- A thriving community: with Whole Foods as a retail anchor will join many more retail, commercial spaces to make SOLO North Burnaby's most livable, convenient place to live.
The first tower, Stratus, which will be located at the corner of Lougheed and Rosser Avenue, is slated for completion in early 2015. Interested buyers are encouraged to come early on July 21st for priority selection.
Pricing for each unit starts at $229,900 for a junior one-bedroom, $289,900 for a one-bedroom, $389,900 for a two-bedroom and $589,900 for a junior three-bedroom. The Stratus tower also offers three, three-bedroom and den "sky villas" featuring 20 ft. ceilings over your living space.