AGOURA HILLS, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 27, 2012) - Nomadix, Inc., the leading provider of network gateways devices, has announced Nomadix Service Engine (NSE) version 7.4 for its AG3100, AG5500 and AG5600 access gateways, which service the hospitality industry's Internet connections. Addressing several property management system (PMS) issues, the 7.4 release adds new features and performance enhancements, including:
- Multiple Network Address Translation Internet Protocol -- expands the number of network address translations that can be performed at a given time. The AG5600 will be expanded four times using four single IP addresses to 300,000 network address translation sessions, while the AG3100 and AG5500 will be expanded three times using three single IP addresses or 240,000 addresses. The feature can be enabled or disabled administratively based on the needs of the network application.
- Guest Registration Number -- to make guest system interaction easier, hotel properties will be able to access Micros Fidelio PMS without requiring the registration number for subscriber login. Other enhancements include improved NAT processing and improved CoS (802.1q) service.
- PMS Serial Redirector -- provides a flexible mechanism that permits Web applications to operate with a serial PMS system connected to an NSE. As a server, the redirector provides interfaces that allow management of FIAS PMS transaction requests to a PMS transaction queue. As a client, it informs a Web application of events of interest such as VIP billing, query PMS user name and VIP status.
- New Upgrade Capability -- an improved method for upgrading system firmware by simply copying a comprehensive upgrade file to flash memory, then executing a single command. The upgrade process backs up the existing firmware version and configuration so that it is possible to "roll back" to the previous state, if desired.
- Packet Capture -- designed to diagnose and trouble-shoot problems, the packet capture provides NSE administrators with an on-system utility to capture network traffic on each of the NSE network interfaces, including WAN, LAN and AUX. The network traffic will be accessible for FTP download and viewable on a remote host.
"We take great pride in listening to our customers and learning about the type of additional functionality that will be most valuable," said Fred Reeder, chief commercial and operating officer of Nomadix. "With version 7.4, we're bringing a greater level of performance, flexibility and improved monitoring and troubleshooting functionality to our customers."
Designed for small to medium-sized public access locations, such as boutique hotels and retail stores, the AG3100 and AG5500 gateways enable the deployment of wired or wireless networks supporting up to 250 simultaneous users. The AG5600 serves larger properties with up to 2,000 simultaneous users.
NSE 7.4 is immediately available. For more information including pricing, please contact Nomadix at +1.818.597.1500 or visit www.nomadix.com.
Nomadix offers gateways for seamless wired and wireless connectivity solutions across public access networks and enterprises. Powered by patented technology, Nomadix enables revenue generation and customization in a number of business models. With Nomadix, public access network providers are able to deploy cost-effective, secure and easy-to-use network services. Nomadix is a wholly owned subsidiary company of DOCOMO interTouch. For more information, visit www.nomadix.com.