SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 5, 2012) - Nirvana, a division of General Atomics (GA), today announced the following new enhancements to Nirvana SRB 2012®.
This release includes several functional enhancements:
- SRB Metadata Catalog (MCAT) Server design now pre-creates and stages database connections and client connection listeners to improve round-trip responsiveness to clients and increase the practical limit on simultaneous client connections.
- Customer-proven high-availability implementation of the MCAT Server on Oracle 11g and RAC.
- SRB MCAT database scheme features to support multi-site database replication and conflict resolution of the SRB global namespace.
- Defense-environment proven SRB user identity authentication, data access control and data-in-flight security.
- SRB Sync Daemon multi-threaded design with up to 5X performance improvements for both walk- and real-time mode file system synchronization. Walk-mode includes capabilities for data integrity check (MD5, SHA1, SHA256, etc.) generation as part of metadata, automatic file system metadata extraction, and summary reporting.
- SRB Windows version virtual disk performance improvements through caching enhancements.
- Metadata Catalog (MCAT) Software Updater functionality: this updater can update directly from MCAT version 8 or later to version 11.
- Improved consistency and detail in logging from all SRB components for better operational monitoring.
- Improved performance of the ILM Daemon in archiving, purging and staging actions.
- Decreased file system synchronization latency with an Oracle database driver bulk fetching algorithm integration.
"The Nirvana SRB customer family has grown, and we are working closely with customers and Industry partners to aggressively improve SRB innovative solutions for our more diverse customer base. Such areas are the increasing scale of SRB deployment, security requirements, operational stringency, and SRB feature set enhancements are all being actively worked," said Reid Bingham, Chief Solution Architect, General Atomics, Nirvana Division.
About General Atomics
General Atomics is a San Diego-based innovation firm with a 50-year history of successful solutions for defense, energy and environmental challenges. Affiliated manufacturing and commercial service companies include General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc., which produces the Predator® family of unmanned aircraft systems.
Nirvana, a General Atomics division in San Diego, CA established in 2000, offers Nirvana SRB data integration products and services for Life Sciences, Geospatial, and Manufacturing. Today, GA is the prime contractor for the Department of Defense High Performance Computing Modernization Program data archive catalog and management initiative. Nirvana SRB is installed in major DOD research facilities, and its security capabilities have been approved to meet DOD requirements. Come visit us to discuss Nirvana SRB offerings for your multi-PB environments at Supercomputing 2012, SC12 in Salt Lake City Utah, and November 13-15 at booth #3828.
For more information, please visit www.ga.com/nirvana