TORONTO--(Marketwire - Jul 24, 2012) -
- New Applied Health Institute at Niagara College has launched high quality video capture to provide cutting-edge training and conferencing tools
- With the Avaya Flare® Experience, senior management have quick and easy touch screen access to desktop video, social media, web conferencing and more
Avaya, a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions and services, today announced that Niagara College has deployed a state-of-the-art video solution at its new Applied Health Institute that delivers a more interactive medical training facility for students and has increased collaboration between staff.
Niagara College's Applied Health Institute, which opened in 2011, provides applied health sciences students with a more dynamic and collaborative training environment that includes simulation centers for pediatric, emergency, palliative and intensive care units. Niagara College wanted to integrate high quality video into its lessons to enable students to share and view practical experience in its new interactive health training facility.
Building on its existing Avaya voice and networking infrastructure, Niagara College now benefits from:
- Avaya Series 1000 Video Systems that connect HD video from the classroom, to the meeting room, to the desktop. Niagara now has video conferencing capabilities across sites, inside classrooms and boardrooms.
- The Avaya Desktop Video Device and Avaya Flare® Experience; powering a new level of communications for all senior management to have quick and easy touch screen access to desktop video, social media, web conferencing and more.
- Avaya Aura Session Manager, which brings the college's whole unified communications system together, harnessing the power of the cloud to create web-style, on-demand access to all of the school's new and existing technology.
A recently expanded Avaya network with Ethernet Routing Switch (ERS) 8800 and ERS 5000 Series switches supports this solution.
With video integrated into Niagara College's unified communications, the school has met its objective of providing innovative learning experiences for health students. It also now harnesses the power of video to increase collaboration through conferencing -- all built on a cost-effective solution that can scale as Niagara College continues to grow.
This announcement highlights Avaya's commitment to bringing The Power of We™ to every Avaya customer to help drive faster collaboration, smarter decisions and better business results.
"As an educational institution we want to be as cutting-edge as possible -- so we're not using HD video to capture talking heads. Instead, Avaya's video solution allows us to teach some very interesting and delicate procedures in our Applied Health Institute. Students can learn from one another, review their own work, and benefit from guest speakers from around the world. I truly believe this is going to have a profound impact on both teaching and learning at Niagara College."
--John Levay, director of Information Technology Services, Niagara College
Avaya, Niagara College, video, health, education, training, Flare, Aura, unified communications, networking
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward-looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Follow Avaya on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Flickr, and the Avaya Connected Blog.