SOURCE: Epicor Software Corporation
DUBLIN, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 30, 2012) - Epicor Software Corporation, a global leader in business software solutions for manufacturing, distribution, retail, and services organizations, has added a variety of innovative new tools to its popular Epicor® Eagle® business management software that enable automotive aftermarket distributors and jobbers to monitor and manage business performance while on the road, in a customer location or anywhere else via a smartphone or other mobile device. These and other important new "Smart, Fast, Mobile" capabilities -- featured in the latest release of Epicor Eagle -- will be demonstrated in the company's exhibit (booth 2234) during the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX), October 30 through November 1 in Las Vegas.
"Aftermarket business owners and managers are making more decisions each day that impact their competitiveness and bottom-line performance," said Craig McCollum, executive vice president and general manager, retail distribution solutions for Epicor. "Epicor Eagle software now enables them to make smart, fast decisions based on up-to-the-minute information using virtually any smartphone, tablet computer or other mobile device."
Epicor Eagle software now includes the powerful new Epicor Mobile Manager™ application, which enables authorized users to view sales, inventory, pricing and customer information on a dynamic basis via a mobile device. This application -- already one of the most popular new features for Eagle users in a variety of other wholesale and retail markets -- helps owners and managers enhance business performance by:
- Maintaining a close watch on key metrics, such as gross margin and receivables
- Enabling pricing adjustments from the road based on the latest competitive intelligence
- Answering customer inquiries in a significantly more timely manner
- Performing price and inventory checks from a customer site or other location
- Instantly accessing customer information to make decisions on discounts, credit and more; and
- Receiving and acting on override requests without having to return to the store or warehouse
Accompanying Mobile Manager in the latest release is Epicor Compass™ Analytics, which allows users to run an array of business reports via their mobile devices. Other new features of the Compass software include a dashboard reporting tool that provides sales and margin data on all types of business promotions. Additional Compass enhancements are faster page loads and queries, delivery of scheduled tasks via an FTP protocol, and the availability of additional fields, including cash balancing dimensions and measures, terms codes and discount thresholds.
The new Epicor Eagle release also includes the cloud-based Epicor AConneX® CL online parts trading solution. AConneX CL is a sustainable, scalable and extendable solution with improved responsiveness to electronic orders and inquiries flowing between businesses and offers the most reliable connection in the automotive aftermarket.
Other key new features available with the latest release of Epicor Eagle are:
- Embedded part images positioned next to the item within the LaserCat® 3 electronic catalog
- Enhanced sales commission reporting, with ability to automatically credit returned items against the commission of the original salesperson or counter employee
- Easier pricing management in cases when a product is maintained under more than one unit of measure
- Automatic filling of sales orders with backordered items when a purchase order for these items is received; and,
- Timesaving drilldown functionality from General Ledger accounts to various Eagle viewers
For more information regarding the latest Epicor Eagle release and other Epicor products and services, or to set up an appointment for a free business consultation or product demonstration during AAPEX please contact your Epicor representative, call Epicor toll-free at (888) 463-4700 or email email@example.com.
- Newest version of Epicor Eagle for automotive aftermarket distributors and jobbers enables users to access key information and manage a variety of business tasks via their smartphones and tablet computers
- The latest release of Epicor Eagle software will be demonstrated in Epicor booth 2234 during the AAPEX Show, October 30 through November 1 in Las Vegas
- The new Epicor Eagle release also includes the latest version of Epicor Compass Analytics as well as a variety of other tools designed to help drive sales, customer satisfaction and business profitability
About Epicor Software Corporation
Epicor Software Corporation is a global leader delivering inspired business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail and services industries. With over 40 years of experience serving small, midmarket and larger enterprises, Epicor has more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries. Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP), retail management software, supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) enable companies to drive increased efficiency and improve profitability. With a history of innovation, industry expertise and passion for excellence, Epicor provides the single point of accountability that local, regional and global businesses demand. The Company's headquarters are located in Dublin, California, with offices and affiliates worldwide. For more information, visit www.epicor.com.
Follow Epicor on Twitter @Epicor, @EpicorUK, @EpicorEMEA, @EpicorAU, @Epicor_Retail, @Epicor_DIST, and Facebook.
Epicor, the Epicor logo, Epicor Eagle, Epicor Mobile Manager, Epicor Compass, AConneX, and LaserCat are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epicor Software Corporation, registered in the United States and other countries. The product and service offerings depicted in this document are produced by Epicor Software Corporation.