SOURCE: Lake Havasu Convention & Visitors Bureau
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ--(Marketwire - Jun 28, 2012) - Lake Havasu City, a prime Arizona outdoor adventure destination that attracts 750,000 visitors annually, has combined a wide variety of 24 local guided tours on its Convention & Visitors Bureau website.
"You could search the Internet for hours and not find a tourism website that combines the area's best guided tours into a more comprehensive and easy-to-use online guide," said Doug Traub, president and CEO of the Lake Havasu City Convention & Visitors Bureau.
"Vacation time is precious so we created a website section that encourages visitors to do their homework and reserve these incredible experiences, some of which have limited capacity."
The new website section profiles 24 Lake Havasu tours available to visitors this spring, including the following:
- Float on a gentle breeze with a Lake Havasu balloon tour, complete with personal flight certificates and a picnic. Approximately $185 per person.
- The Sunset Charter & Tour Co. offers five boat tours that showcase the beauty and history of Lake Havasu. Tours start at $20 per person.
- Enjoy a different kind of flight in a seaplane. Take off and land right on Lake Havasu and get a bird's eye view of the lake, desert and surrounding canyonlands. Approximately $250 per hour.
- Take it slow and steady on a scenic kayak trip through the ancient Indian rock carvings, flora and fauna of Topock Gorge. Approximately $60 per person (based on four paddlers).
- Segway Lake Havasu tours follow winding pathways under the famous London Bridge and along the shoreline as you learn about the history of the bridge, town and area. Approximately $45 for an hour-long tour.
Visit www.golakehavasu.com/activities/tours for a complete list of Arizona adventure tours around Lake Havasu.
About Lake Havasu City
Lake Havasu City, only a few hours driving time from Phoenix, Las Vegas and Los Angeles, attracts 750,000 visitors annually with its superb weather, range of restaurants, lodging and events. For more information on Arizona's only waterfront resort destination, visit golakehavasu.com or call 928 453 3444. Connect with Lake Havasu City at facebook.com/lakehavasucityarizona and twitter.com/golakehavasu.
Photos available upon request.