SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 28, 2012) -
- Today, NerdWallet announced the launch of TravelNerd, a recommendation site available online and via the smartphone app (TravelNerd Airport Guide), to help travelers tackle the common stress factors associated with holiday travel: parking and transportation, amenities and navigating through airport terminals.
- TravelNerd adheres to the same mission as NerdWallet's other tools: do the homework and provide simple, straightforward, and unbiased information that empowers consumers to make informed decisions that not only affect their finances, but time as well.
- According to a recent survey by Simplicity Travel, consumers' top traveling complaint is the airport. That's because when it comes to wasting precious time and money, airport travel is one of the worst offenders. Travelers can spend hours getting to and from the airport (since many airports are located outside of main metro areas) and in the process can rack up significant costs on taxi fares, food and parking before setting foot on the plane.
- Consumers online can streamline their travel experience by using TravelNerd to:
- Weigh transportation options by time and cost
- Compare airport parking prices
- View detailed terminal maps to find restaurants, restrooms and other amenities
- Find parking coupons
- The TravelNerd Airport Guide smartphone app is an extension of the online site, helping the on-the-go traveler access:
- Social features like taxi sharing
- Parking lot directions (via Google or Apple Maps)
- Click-to-call transportation options
- All of the NerdWallet Travel functionalities will also be incorporated into the new TravelNerd product, including tools that allow consumers to search for and compare specific fees across all major U.S. airlines -- some of which can cost more than the airfare alone.
- TravelNerd features more than 50 of the most highly U.S. trafficked airports worldwide with more being added over time. Currently, the Airport Guide app is only available on the iOS platform.
Please use this link to access TravelNerd
Download TravelNerd App
TravelNerd Twitter feed
TravelNerd Facebook page
TravelNerd iOS screenshots
- "TravelNerd was created in response to an overwhelming need for a guide that helps travelers navigate the hectic nature of airports. As frequent travelers ourselves, we understand that air travel is more than just the flight. Getting to and from the airport and navigating the terminal can be time-consuming and expensive. With these challenges in mind, we created an easily-accessible resource to help consumers make informed travel decisions." - Alicia Jao, VP of Travel Media at NerdWallet
- "Consumers certainly have their pick of travel resources today, but none of them address the pains of getting to and from the airport. TravelNerd provides comprehensive airport information so travelers can easily find anything from cheap airport parking to a place to grab a drink. We've also poured extensive resources into our proprietary airport maps since nothing is worse than being lost in an airport terminal when you're running late for a flight or traveling with children." - Alicia Jao, VP of Travel Media at NerdWallet
Please contact Kristine Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.
TravelNerd is committed to empowering consumers to make the best decisions about travel planning and booking. We think of ourselves as a .org recommendation site -- we never sacrifice user welfare in the name of profits. Our tools aim to help travelers save time and money. TravelNerd's airline fees tool enables true cost comparison, while our airport guide and travel tips provide balanced qualitative and quantitative aid to travelers. At TravelNerd, we do the homework for you.
TravelNerd is an extension of NerdWallet, a personal finance website that brings an analytic, consumer-oriented approach to financial product recommendations.