SAN MATEO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 4, 2012) -
- New Version of Neo4j Available for Download Today
- Register for Neo4j 1.8 Live Webinar, taking place on Thursday, October 11
Neo Technology, creators of Neo4j, the world's leading graph database, today announced the release of Neo4j version 1.8. Available immediately, the new version is even faster, and easier to maintain and upgrade.
1. Performance. The 1.8 release makes an already-fast database even faster, with improved performance over the network thanks to a new REST streaming capability, as well as new traversal features in the query engine. Together, these changes make 1.8 our fastest release ever.
2. Cypher query language. Cypher is a graph query language unique to Neo4j, that makes it easy for developers to interact with the database: much like SQL makes it easy to interact with a relational database. Neo4j users have been turning to Cypher because of its power, expressiveness, and ease of use. Neo4j 1.8 expands Cypher by adding support for write operations. This boosts end-user productivity, and makes Neo4j more accessible.
3. Easier administration though Rolling Upgrades. Organizations using Neo4j Enterprise can now upgrade to the latest version without disturbing the operation of their Neo4j cluster. Rolling upgrades allow a cluster to be upgraded one node at a time, without incurring any downtime.
Neo4j 1.8 also includes the following features:
- Zero-downtime rolling upgrades in HA clusters
- Streamed responses to REST API requests
- Bi-directional traversals, branch state and path expanders in the traversal framework
- Support in the Cypher language for writing graph data and updating auto-indexes
- Support for explicit transactions in neo4j-shell
Neo4j 1.8 is fully backward-compatible with applications written for 1.6 and 1.7, and can be easily upgraded as a service release. For a full summary of changes in this release, visit CHANGES.TXT, which is also included in the download.
Neo4j 1.8 is available for:
Join the Neo4j 1.8 Live Webinar
To learn more about Neo4j 1.8, join Neo Technologies for a live webinar taking place on Thursday, October 11 at 10AM PT. Register now at http://info.neotechnology.com/1011-register.html
Neo Technology Presents Graph Connect 2012
GraphConnect 2012 San Francisco is the first conference ever to bring together the rapidly growing community and ecosystem around graph databases. Held from November 5-6, 2012, the event is set to bring together graph thought leaders, researchers and developers from around the globe. For more information and to receive updates on topics, tracks and session availability or submit a proposal, please visit http://www.graphconnect.com.
About Neo Technology
Graphs are everywhere. From websites adding social capabilities to Telco's providing personalized customer services to innovative bioinformatics research, organizations are adopting graph databases as the best way to model and query connected data. Neo Technology researchers have pioneered graph databases since 2000 and have been instrumental in bringing the power of the social graph to customers such as Adobe, Cisco, and Deutsche Telekom. Now in production for nine years, Neo4j is the world's leading graph database with the largest ecosystem of partners and tens of thousands of successful deployments worldwide.
Neo Technology is a privately held company funded by Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, Sunstone Capital and Conor Venture Partners, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Sweden, UK, Germany, France, Belgium, and Malaysia. For more information, please visit www.neotechnology.com