SAN MATEO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 10, 2012) -
- Inaugural GraphConnect conference begins with full-day tutorial
- Speakers include representatives from Accenture, Intuit, Cisco, Heroku and Twitter
- Multiple sessions by leading analysts, architects, and developers from startups and Fortune 500 companies
Neo Technology, creators of Neo4j, the world's leading graph database, today announced the agenda for its inaugural GraphConnect 2012. Taking place on November 5-6 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco, the conference brings together the rapidly growing community and ecosystem around graph databases and is intended for attendees of all technical levels. The event features a full day tutorial and talks from leading experts in the field.
Program highlights include:
Accenture Delivers with Neo4j
- Presented by Dominik Wagenknecht, Manager / NoSQL Initiative Lead, Accenture
- Summary: This talk will take you through the experiences we had at Accenture with Neo4j. Using this graph database, Accenture experienced unique benefits and challenges within the typical IT project life, going from proposal to architecture, design, development and operations. This session will cover every phase and discuss the key differences to more traditional approaches most enterprises take.
The role of NoSQL and graph in the total data management landscape
- Presented by Matt Aslett, Analyst, The 451 Group
- Summary: The database market is changing rapidly with new approaches emerging that provide an alternative to the relational data model. Join leading analyst Matt Aslett in examining the drivers behind the rise of NoSQL data stores and, in particular graph databases, focusing on their use-cases and adoption trends.
Intuit Payment Graph -- a network built on payment transactions of customers and vendors
- Presented by Gokuldas Pillai, Engineering Lead, Intuit
- Summary: Data is accumulating rapidly. Our approaches to capturing and analyzing data, as well as in making connections between and drawing conclusions from this data, are evolving as well. Rebecca Parsons offers a review of some of the changes in how data is used and analyzed, highlighting several examples of the power of data analysis outside of the usual suspects: customer needs, production dashboards, etc.
Other highlights include:
- Graph processing at Twitter
- Eric Evans, author of Domain Driven Design, speaks about domain modeling
- Sessions by leading graph researchers from startups and Fortune 500 companies including Twitter, FiftyThree, Squidoo, Adobe, Telenor, and Neo Technology
- Panel discussions moderated by Rod Johnson, founder of the Spring Framework and SVP, Application Platform Strategy at VMware, and Merv Adrian, Research VP, Gartner Research
View the full agenda here: http://www.graphconnect.com/agenda/
GraphConnect 2012 is sponsored by Heroku, SpringSource by VMware, ThoughtWorks, and Accenture. The event will conclude with a party on November 6th at Sens Restaurant, sponsored by ThoughtWorks. Join us for great food, drinks and the announcement of winners for 'The Graphies' Awards.
The Graphies is the first award of its kind, set to pioneer the recognition and celebration of individuals and teams around the globe who are developing innovative graph database applications. Applications are currently here with submissions due by October 7, 2012.
Register for GraphConnect here: https://graphconnect2012.busyconf.com/bookings/new
Take advantage of the early bird special by registering before September 12th.
Graph Connect Event Venue:
Hyatt Regency Embarcadero
5 Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111
GraphConnect offers a special discount code at the Hyatt that lasts until October 6 (17% discount). Book your room here: http://www.graphconnect.com/location/
About Neo Technology
Graphs are everywhere. From websites adding social capabilities to Telcos providing personalized customer services to innovative bioinformatics research, organizations are adopting graph databases as the best way to model and query connected data. Neo Technology researchers have pioneered graph databases since 2000 and have been instrumental in bringing the power of the social graph to customers such as Adobe, Cisco, and Deutsche Telekom. Now in production for nine years, Neo4j is the world's leading graph database with the largest ecosystem of partners and tens of thousands of successful deployments worldwide.
Neo Technology is a privately held company funded by Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, Sunstone Capital and Conor Venture Partners, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Germany, UK, Sweden, and Malaysia. For more information, please visit www.neotechnology.com