CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwire - Aug 14, 2012) - The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN®), www.ncsbn.org, recognized its dedicated and exceptional membership and guests at its annual awards ceremony during the NCSBN Annual Meeting and Delegate Assembly in Dallas, Aug. 9, 2012.
Specific award recipients include:
Sandra Evans, MAEd, RN, executive director, Idaho Board of Nursing, was honored with the prestigious R. Louise McManus Award. Individuals receiving this award have made sustained and lasting significant contributions through their deep commitment and dedication to the purposes and mission of NCSBN.
Debra Scott, MSN, RN, FRE, executive director, Nevada State Board of Nursing, received the Meritorious Service Award, which is presented to a board or staff member of a member board for positive impact and significant contributions to the purposes of NCSBN.
Julia Gould, MS, RN, board staff, Georgia Board of Nursing, and Sue Petula, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, board staff, Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing, each received the Exceptional Contribution Award, which is given for significant contribution by a board of nursing (BON) staff member who does not serve as an executive officer or a board member who is not the current board president.
The Missouri State Board of Nursing was awarded the Regulatory Achievement Award that recognizes the member board that has made an identifiable, significant contribution to the purpose of NCSBN in promoting public policy related to the safe and effective practice of nursing in the interest of public welfare.
In addition, service awards were given to the following executive officers of BONs:
- Patricia Ann Noble, MSN, RN, executive director, Maryland Board of Nursing
- Nancy Sanders, PhD, RN, executive administrator, Alaska Board of Nursing
- Gloria Damgaard, MS, RN, FRE, executive secretary, South Dakota Board of Nursing
- Jay Douglas, MSM, RN, CSAC, executive director, Virginia Board of Nursing
- Laurette Keiser, MSN, RN, executive secretary/section chief, Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing
- Karen Scipio-Skinner, MSN, RN, executive director, District of Columbia Board of Nursing
- Debra Scott, MSN, RN, FRE, executive director, Nevada State Board of Nursing
The following BONs are celebrating 100 years of nursing regulation in 2012:
- College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing
- Rhode Island Board of Nurse Registration and Nursing Education
The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) is a not-for-profit organization whose members include the boards of nursing in the 50 states, the District of Columbia and four U.S. territories -- American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and the Virgin Islands. There are also 12 associate members.
Mission: NCSBN provides education, service and research through collaborative leadership to promote evidence-based regulatory excellence for patient safety and public protection.
The statements and opinions expressed are those of NCSBN and not the individual member state or territorial boards of nursing.
National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc.
111 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 2900
Chicago, IL 60601-4277