SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 30, 2012) - ORACLE OPENWORLD -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Playful Play is a Mexico-based company dedicated to the development of social and mobile games that foster collaboration, entertainment and interaction among users in social networks.
- Playful Play developed "La Vecindad de El Chavo," a social game based on the popular Latin American television series of the same name.
- Released in March 2012, the game already has more than three million users and reaches as many as 30,000 new subscribers daily. Playful Play plans to expand its capabilities to support 100 million customers within the next 5 years, including users in Latin America, Turkey, Spain, the Philippines and Malaysia.
- To develop and host the game, Playful Play required horizontally scalable database technology with very high availability.
- The company selected MySQL Cluster Carrier Grade Edition (CGE) running on a public cloud to manage the profiles of users and avatars, data play sessions, shopping applications, and its advertising and digital marketing events.
- MySQL Cluster CGE has enabled Playful Play to maintain its high growth rate of users and attract new advertisers to the platform, while enhancing the speed and agility of their operations and reducing costs.
- MySQL Cluster CGE with its integrated management tools and Oracle Premier Support has helped Playful Play to achieve:
- 45 percent improvement in performance
- 80 percent reduction in administration time for Database Administrators
- 99.999 percent availability
- Learn more from Playful Play at the MySQL Connect conference, session CON9246, on Sunday, September 30, at 5:45 pm.
- "MySQL Cluster has allowed us to keep pace with the rapid success of the game. Being the number one Facebook game in Latin America is a big responsibility, and we rely on Oracle's products and MySQL support for continued growth," said Ricardo Rocha, CEO of Playful Play.
- "We approached Oracle and received a quick response to assist in the development of this project. In less than 24 hours we were already working with Oracle to build the data infrastructure needed to support the game," said Alejandra Sanchez, COO of Playful Play.
- "MySQL Cluster's support of the El Chavo game further demonstrates that it delivers the read and write scalability and high availability needed to power the most demanding web applications," said Monica Kumar senior director of product marketing, Oracle. "Oracle provides fast growing businesses like Playful Play the support they require to rapidly scale their applications with unparalleled results."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which draws more than 50,000 attendees from over 140 countries, offers more than 2,100 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure -- all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2012 is being held September 30-October 4 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more live on YouTube. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook and the Oracle OpenWorld Blog.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.