LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 18, 2012) - MyLife.com® ("MyLife"), the website that enables over 60 million members to connect to and manage all their social and email accounts, monitor their online information and make new connections all in one place, today announced a newly-designed iOS app to help users get real-time updates and communicate with contacts via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, without having to access multiple apps on their mobile devices. The new app provides consumers with a faster and more intuitive solution to help manage their digital lives, with advancements including simplified browsing and sharing across networks, more prominent images, and improved real-time notification accuracy.
"It's hard enough to manage numerous social networking profiles without having to deal with toggling between multiple apps on your mobile device to do so," said Jeff Tinsley, founder and CEO of MyLife. "The new MyLife app makes it easier than ever for consumers to manage their online profiles and stay connected, all from one central hub. It's your digital life manager in your pocket."
With the new MyLife app for iOS, users can:
- Search and Manage - search for new connections, receive messages from multiple social media accounts, and update status across profiles (all at once or post individual updates) from one app with one password
- Share Links Across Networks - a "share" button from the in-app browser allows users to share links across Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn at the same time
- See Who's Searching for You - drill down for further information on the people who have searched for you or viewed your profile
- Stay Up to the Minute - receive accurate real-time notifications to stay up-to-date and avoid social media overload
- Easily Interact - new sleek navigation allows users to easily move between different pages on the app, and display larger images with just one tap
- Find Friends - tap names on social feeds to view someone's social network profile or leverage streamlined search functionality with type-ahead that suggests last-known location by city and state
A recent survey from the Pew Research Center found that 54 percent of app users have decided to not install a cell phone app when they discovered how much personal information they would need to share in order to use it.1 With the MyLife app, consumers only disclose the same basic personal information needed to create a Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn account with the added benefit of accessing those social networks all from one place.
The updated app joins a few other recent additions to the MyLife family of products within the past month, including the introduction of its Social Dashboard and Public Record Remover. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad products. In order to download, the version requires iOS 4.2 or later.
To download the updated app, please visit http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mylife-connecting-everyone./id498100723?mt=8. The MyLife mobile app is available on the iPhone and on Android.
1 Jan Lauren Boyles, Mary Madden, Aaron Smith. Privacy and Data Management on Mobile Devices. Pew Internet & American Life Project, September 5, 2012
MyLife.com ("MyLife") is the simple way to connect with everyone that matters, all in one place. Eliminating the need to visit multiple services, MyLife provides the one place for users to access their social networks and email accounts in a simple dashboard, allowing members to manage and monitor one online identity while providing an easy search to find the people they need in their life. MyLife users can also easily control their profile presence across the Web, build and monitor one online identity including many profiles, and make personal and professional connections by searching over 700 million profiles through the site. With over 60 million users, and growing fast, MyLife is based in Los Angeles, CA. To view MyLife's newest television spot, please visit http://youtu.be/LcOTV3i2DiY. More information can be found at http://www.mylife.com.