OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Dec. 6, 2012) - The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, today announced five contract awards for general maintenance at Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt. The overall value of the contracts is approximately $4.47 million.
"The Government of Canada is continuing to revitalize defence infrastructure to ensure the Canadian Armed Forces have the facilities they need to support operations, activities and equipment at home, and abroad," said Minister MacKay.
The contract awards for general maintenance include:
- the replacement of roofing and clerestory siding on building DY250 which was awarded to Alpha Roofing and Sheet Metal for over $3.2 million;
- upgrades to Naden Electrical Distribution which was awarded to Raylec Power Ltd. for $512 600;
- construction moves for the Fleet Maintenance Facility (Cape Breton) shop consolidation project (phase IV) which was awarded to Williams Moving and Storage (BC) Limited for $15 800;
- 3R's disposal of residential housing units which was awarded to 699694 BC Limited dba Saywell Developments for $278 000; and
- initiatives on "KK" style units as part of the minor recapitalization program for the Canadian Forces Housing Agency which was awarded to Aral Construction Limited for $468 900.
"Investments such as the ones announced today demonstrate our Government's commitment to our men and women in uniform and to the economic growth of our community," said the Honourable John Duncan, Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development and Member of Parliament for Vancouver Island North.
The Canadian Armed Forces is a first-class, modern military delivering excellence at home and is a strong and reliable partner in the defence of North America making meaningful contributions to international security.
The Government of Canada conducted open, fair, and transparent competition processes to award contracts for these projects.