OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 23, 2012) - The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, today announced eight contract awards for general maintenance at Canadian Forces Base Gagetown. The overall value of the contracts is over $1.18 million.
"Awarding these contracts illustrates our government's commitment to ensuring the men and women of the Canadian Forces have the modern infrastructure they need to meet the challenges of the 21st century," said Minister MacKay.
"Our Government is committed to creating job opportunities and supporting the economic growth of our communities," said the Honourable Bernard Valcourt, Associate Minister of National Defence, Minister of State (Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency) (La Francophonie) and Member of Parliament for Madawaska-Restigouche. "These contracts are great news for the Canadian Forces and for the people of New Brunswick."
The general maintenance contracts awarded at Canadian Forces Base Gagetown include
- the replacement of modified roofing on building B-18 which was awarded to A-Tech Roofing Limited for $548 300;
- the removal and replacement of the outdoor pool sand filter and circulation pump for building A-15 which was awarded to Ledoux Mechanical Limited for $32 757;
- the construction of storage sheds which was awarded to Redem Construction Limited for $181 500;
- mechanical brush cutting and mulching which was awarded to Matt Harris and Son Limited for $234 220;
- upgrades to the Change of Use Room H109, in building J-7 which was awarded to King Construction Limited for $101 000;
- concrete testing in building N117 as part of the upgrade to the primary tanks and the electrical and mechanical components on the concrete channels which was awarded to Conestoga-Rovers and Associated Limited for $5000;
- the design for ditching upgrades on Olinville road which was awarded to Genivar Incorporated for $42 720; and
- the replacement of perimeter fencing at Hibernia, Armstrong and Enniskillen which was awarded to Maritime Fence Limited for $38 583.
The Canadian Forces is a first-class, modern military delivering excellence at home and is a strong and reliable partner in the defence of North America making meaningful contributions to international security.
The Government of Canada conducted open, fair, and transparent competition processes to award contracts for these projects.