SOURCE: Bulldog Reporter's PR University
OAKLAND, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 6, 2012) - PR professionals seeking to learn the latest tips and strategies for pitching the media by phone, email and social media should attend this new 90-minute webinar from PR University.
PR pros that attend Media Pitching in the Digital Age: New Best Practices for Engaging Journalists by Email, Phone and Social Media will also learn how to increase their placement in major media outlets using social media sites such as G+, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
This exclusive PR University webinar takes place on Thursday, November 8, at 1PM EST (noon CST; 11AM MST; 10AM PST).
Lauren Lawson-Zilai, Director of Public Relations and National Spokesperson, Goodwill Industries International
Terri Rosenstock, APR, Public Relations Coordinator, King Arthur Flour
Joe Hadfield, Media Relations and Social Media Manager; Brigham Young University
Sandra Fathi, President & Founder, Affect
Peter Himler, Founding Principal, Flatiron Communications LLC
What PR pros will learn:
- The "Write" Stuff: Anatomies of stellar pitches and magic elements they must make part of every pitch they craft -- regardless of medium
- Staying off "PR Dummies" -- pitching faux pas media relations pros make that land them on this anti-PR blog
- Targeting Essentials: What PR must know about their target and subject before they pitch
- Secrets of "Sticky" Subject Lines: Why email still matters -- and how to win journalists over in six words or fewer
- Pitching via Social Networks: How to find and approach target journalists effectively on the "Big Four": G+, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- How to engage journalists on their terms -- and develop relationships with them -- by becoming a trusted industry resource
- 10 Seconds to Success: What to say and how to frame their phone pitches so they don't come across as self-serving "spin"
- How to use exclusives, off-the-record tips and behind-the-scenes access to build long-lasting media relationships
- Case Studies & Best Practices: Examples and techniques that leading media pitchers are already using to convert calls or Tweets into story placements
For more details go to the conference home page or download the PDF brochure.
Bulldog Reporter's PR University produces over 60 high-level professional development conferences per year with extraordinary speakers on media relations skills, PR measurement, crisis communications, advanced PR technology, social media, and the nation's most influential media -- a complete professional development program to meet all your training and updating needs.
Attendance at this Bulldog Reporter PR University webinar costs just $299 per login. Participants in this 90-minute webinar will be able to pose specific questions for the presenter at several junctures during the discussion.
Attendees of PR University conferences receive one credit toward PRSA accreditation maintenance. Registration also includes an up-to-the-minute conference manual. For more information on taking part in the event, go to the conference home page or for personalized service and special offers please contact one of our sales consultants toll free at: 1-800-959-1059.