LONGUEUIL, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - July 17, 2012) - The Honourable Christian Paradis, Minister of Industry and Minister responsible for the Canadian Space Agency (CSA), will celebrate the Canadian achievements in developing instruments fabricated for the James Webb Space Telescope. It will be the only opportunity to observe the hardware before its departure and delivery to NASA, where it will be integrated into the telescope.
- Media representatives who would like to attend the press conference must apply for accreditation in advance by providing the names of all the persons present at the event at least two days prior to the event, in compliance with David Florida Laboratory (DFL) security procedures.
- Accreditation must be completed in advance. Access to the site cannot be granted on the day of the event.
- Government-issued photo ID required.
- All non-Canadian citizens must provide passport information for accreditation one week prior.
||July 25, 2012
||10:00 a.m. Note that the security clearance can take up to 30 minutes to complete upon arrival.
- The Honourable Christian Paradis, Minister of Industry
- Steve MacLean, President, CSA
- Michael Pley, President and CEO, COM DEV International
- Dr John Hutchings, Principal Research Officer, National Research Council Canada
- Dr René Doyon, Professor at the Université de Montréal and Director of the Mont-Mégantic Observatory and member of the Centre de Recherche en Astrophysique du Québec (CRAQ).
- Representative from NASA (TBC)
||David Florida Laboratory (DFL)
||Canadian Space Agency
||3701 Carling Avenue
Video and animations are available at this address: ftp://ftp.asc-csa.gc.ca/users/Medias/pub/jwst/
Follow us on :