ROCKVILLE, MD--(Marketwire - Jan 22, 2013) - MarketResearch.com has announced the addition of the market research report "Microgrid Market, Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2022) - Focus on Renewable Power Generation, Solar Photo-voltaics, Wind Micro-Turbines, Battery, Energy Storage & Control Systems, By Types, Components & Technologies" to their product offering.
To provide tailored, efficient, and reliable energy services to the end users, microgrid employs and integrates a wide range of distributed energy technologies such as generation, storage and advanced controls, metering and communications into a controlled system that manages energy generation, transmission, distribution, and usage on a small scale as compared to the conventional macrogrid.
- Global installed capacity of microgrid has seen a staggering growth since 2011 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of over 17% from 2012-2022 to attain a total installed capacity of over 15GW by 2022.
- In terms of market value for the vendors the market presents a potential of over $5 billion and is likely to reach up-to $27 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of over 17% from 2012-2022.
- Campus/Institutional microgrid is the largest microgrid by application and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 18.83% from 2012-2022.
- Military and defense based microgrid and commercial microgrid is forecast to have almost same installed capacity by 2022.
- Off-grid microgrid continues growing at the highest CAGR for next 5-6 years, while hybrid microgrid market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during 2012-2022.
- This shift in growth is expected to happen once utilities begin ramping up their microgrid facilities. Handfuls of utilities have already begun pilot projects including American Electric Power (AEP), Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD), BC Hydro, and San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E).
- RoI on microgrid varies across geographies and also depends on power generation sources.
- A fully developed microgrid with demand response management, on-site generation and storage, advanced controls and grid independence capabilities requires a longer payback period.
For more information, visit http://www.marketresearch.com/land/product.asp?productid=7309389&progid=85109
Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/marketresearchdotcom
Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/marketresearch_
The analyst working with MarketsandMarkets come from the renowned publishing houses and market research firms globally adding their expertise and domain understanding. We get the facts from over 22,000 news and information sources, a database of hundred thousands of key industry participants and draw on our relationship with more than 900 market research companies globally.
MarketResearch.com is the leading provider of global market intelligence products and services. With research reports from more than 720 top consulting and advisory firms, MarketResearch.com offers instant online access to the world's most extensive database of expert insights on global industries, companies, products, and trends. Moreover, MarketResearch.com's Research Specialists have in-depth knowledge of the publishers and the various types of reports in their respective industries and are ready to provide research assistance. For more information, call Cindy Frei at 240.747.3014 or visit http://www.marketresearch.com.