NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Sep 20, 2012) - Magnify.net, the leading provider of cloud-based video curation solutions to online publishers, brands, and ad networks, today announced that The AOL On Network's vast library of nearly 380,000 high-quality videos will be available to video curators using the Magnify platform.
"We are extremely proud of the important work our video curators are doing. The volume of content on the web is growing dramatically, by some estimates from under 1 zetabyte to 35 zetabytes by 2020. This 44-fold increase over the next 10 years will completely overwhelm any current consumer content consumption behaviors," said Magnify.net CEO Steven Rosenbaum.
"Curators are essential to discovering, organizing and contextualizing content," said Rosenbaum. "Until now, getting paid for curation was the hard part. Our partnership with The AOL On Network is a groundbreaking step forward in paid curation."
The partnership will allow Magnify.net to add more than 40 new, high-quality content sources to its existing video curation platform, including:
- Breaking: BBC News, ITN, Reuters, WSJ Live, HuffPost Live, The Daily Beast, and Newsy
- Entertainment: Celebrity Wire, E!, Inside Edition, PopSugar, Splash News, and The Insider
- Fashion: Elle, Style Network, Stylist, and The Label
- Food: The Cooking Channel, Epicurious, Food Network, and Gourmet
- Health: Prevention, The Doctors, and Fitness Guru
- Sports: AOL Sports, Reuters Sports, Videojug Sports, and Field & Stream
- Travel: PlumTV, Travel Channel, Travel Therapy, Travelista TV, and Voyage.tv
- Technology: CNET, Engadget, GigaOm, Mashable, TechRadar, and Tekzilla
The new product, called Magnify 3.0, is a major enhancement in the web's leading video curation and publishing platform. As curation becomes a critical practice, curation monetization via premium content moves to the foreground.
"We're always looking for new ways to gain additional exposure for our content and drive advertiser value, and this partnership helps us deliver on that mission," said Ran Harnevo, SVP of The AOL On Network. "We're also big believers in the power of curation, which makes Magnify's approach to online video a natural fit for us. We see this as an important step in the evolution of how publishers and audiences will engage with online video."
Magnify.net powers more than 90,000 curated video channels on the web, including many well-known publishers and big brand partners. Now publishers like New York Magazine, Outdoor Life and The Week can incorporate AOL On video content into their curated video offerings.