SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 3, 2011) - ORACLE OPENWORLD -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- The latest release of the industry's leading distributed in-memory data grid, Oracle Coherence 3.7.1, is available today.
- The release of Coherence 3.7.1 provides customers with greater flexibility in data grid client languages; reduced latency and increased throughput of network communication when deployed on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud; and significant performance improvements for seamlessly managing data across memory and disk-based solutions.
- Oracle Coherence 3.7.1 introduces a new REST API, enabling customers to leverage popular client languages, such as PHP and Python, to access, manipulate and report on data stored in the Oracle Coherence data grid.
- REST support complements the existing Java, .NET, and C++ support in Oracle Coherence giving customers flexibility in their application design, environment and development choices.
- Oracle Coherence 3.7.1 leverages Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud technology to dramatically increase scalability and lower the latency of data grid operations. Combined with Oracle Exalogic, Oracle Coherence 3.7.1 provides the next generation of massively scalable, low-latency data and state management for middleware applications.
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud consists of unique hardware, software, firmware, device drivers and management tools and is built on Oracle's QDR InfiniBand technology. It provides the foundation of Oracle Exalogic's extreme performance, reliability and scalability.
- Oracle Coherence 3.7.1 Elastic Data advancements provide more efficient memory and disk-based storage and improve data access performance, giving customers greater flexibility, expanded capacity and more efficiency of their existing infrastructure.
- The Elastic Data feature of Oracle Coherence allows organizations to leverage both memory and disk-based devices for data grid storage, enabling near memory speed access to data, regardless of storage medium.
- Oracle Coherence 3.7.1 includes significant optimizations to the journaling algorithms in Elastic Data, providing dramatically improved performance, reduced storage overhead requirements for server side operations and highly-efficient algorithms for data migration from RAM to disk.
- Oracle Coherence 3.7.1 introduces the ability to analyze the efficiency of queries against data in Oracle Coherence by generating an "explain plan" to describe the calculated effectiveness of each element of an Oracle Coherence query.
- The Query Explain Plan facilitates troubleshooting and managing queries against large distributed data sets, helps decrease the cost of adoption, reduces complexity and simplifies configuration of scalable distributed data sets.
- Oracle Coherence 3.7.1 is a component of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g and is tightly integrated with the other products in Oracle's middleware stack and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.
- "Oracle Coherence has been a leader in helping customers scale applications to meet the demands of internet-scale computing for over a decade now. Coherence 3.7.1 continues to reduce complexity, ease integration, and accelerate time to market of scalable solutions through new features, such as Query Explain Plan and REST support," said Cameron Purdy, vice president of Development, Oracle. "At the same time, when running on an Oracle Exalogic engineered system, Coherence 3.7.1 leverages Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud technology to achieve the lowest latencies and highest throughput."
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco, the information technology event dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs, draws more than 45,000 attendees from 117 countries. Oracle OpenWorld 2011 offers more than 2000 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 475 partners showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure -- all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2011 is being held October 2-6 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Watch Oracle OpenWorld live on YouTube for keynotes, sessions and more at www.youtube.com/oracle.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.