SOURCE: Crossroads Systems
AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwire - Sep 6, 2012) - Crossroads Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRDS), a global provider of data protection and storage solutions, today announced it will highlight five new software modules for its StrongBox LTFS NAS archive solution during the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam, September 7-11. IBC is the premier annual event for professionals engaged in the creation, management and delivery of entertainment and news content worldwide.
StrongBox, the first enterprise-level storage solution to leverage Linear Tape File System (LTFS) technology, allows tape storage to walk and talk like expensive disk-based storage. It's the industry's leading non-proprietary, file-based and fully portable storage solution for long-term data retention, providing cost-efficient file archival for ever-growing data storage requirements.
The five new software modules are available as options to add to the standard enterprise-leading StrongBox functionality, allowing organizations with varied data archive needs to choose the level of protection, performance and reporting that best fit their environment and budget. Even the standard StrongBox functionality far exceeds competitor's archiving capabilities. However, StrongBox's new modules provide greater customization.
The new software modules, scheduled to be available at the end of September, include:
- Data Integrity Module - Ensures that data is not altered, deleted, tampered or corrupted accidently or maliciously.
- Hash code - Ability to calculate and verify the HASH code for every file to confirm if data written and retrieved are the same
- Tamper checking - Ability to check and alert on any potential changes to LTFS media
- No delete - Prevent users/applications to delete data on file shares
- Data Protection Module - Stores, retains and recovers data in a timely and reliable manner to meet long-term preservation and compliance needs.
- Second copies - Ability to create two or more copies of file data on different tape media
- Archive export - Ability to export archive tape media for vaulting, shelf storage or distribution
- Reporting/Analytics Module - Delivers insight into archive usage and operation of the physical storage systems and provides metrics comparisons and drill-down into specific chosen values/parameters to provide valuable insight into the archiving environment.
- Dynamic reporting - Ability to dynamically view live and historic data collected from the library, drives, and tapes to analyze and compare data points and identify potential problem areas
- Database CSV export - Ability to export reporting metrics of the system via a CSV file
- Enhanced Security Module - Ensures that data is secure and protected during transit, access and storage.
- Active Directory authentication - Secures user and user group access to CIFS shares
- Private shares - Isolates access control to file shares by tying an IP address to the share
- Enhanced Data Protection Module - Addresses write and read performance demands by applications/user in the media and entertainment and video surveillance verticals
- File retention - Ability to hold data on disk cache for faster access
"StrongBox has received continual praise for its unmatched ability to harness the power of LTFS technology and reinvigorate the use of tape for archiving," said Rob Sims, President and CEO at Crossroads Systems. "With the upcoming release of its individual software module options, StrongBox expands its reach to organizations with distinctive archive needs. We're pleased to showcase these new software modules at IBC, as this is the perfect venue to illustrate how StrongBox can greatly impact how verticals such as the media and entertainment industry store their valuable content -- with much greater efficiency, reliability and cost savings."
StrongBox is a file-based and fully portable storage solution for long-term data retention. The enterprise-level solution is the first to leverage LTFS technology, combining the scalability of tape with the speed and accessibility of disk. Crossroads believes StrongBox is the industry's most cost-effective answer to ever-growing data storage requirements, seamlessly scaling for today, while future-proofing for tomorrow.
StrongBox presents itself as a standard NAS target with the ability to mount CIFS/NFS shares. No agents, backup software or application modifications are required, and organizations gain a persistent view for all files on tapes stored in the library.
StrongBox is available in three models, starting at $20,000 and scaling according to archive capacity and capabilities. StrongBox T1 manages up to 200 million files. StrongBox T3 manages up to 500 million files, and StrongBox T3 Advanced manages up to five billion files.
StrongBox is interoperable with IBM, HP, Overland, Spectra Logic and Qualstar tape libraries, as well as HP LTO-5 and IBM LTO-5 tape drives. It's also interoperable with a growing list of applications, including DiskXtender, Enterprise Vault, Easy Archive, Final Cut Pro, Flexxity, TSM, Adobe, Moonwalk, CatDV, OnSSI, Milestone, Caminosoft, POINT and NTP.
For more information on StrongBox, visit: www.crossroads.com/products/strongbox.
For more information on IBC 2012, visit www.ibc.org.
About Crossroads Systems
Crossroads Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRDS) is a global provider of data protection solutions and services. Crossroads offers organizations proactive data security, intelligent storage connectivity, high performance, and significant cost savings. Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Crossroads holds more than 100 patents granted and pending and has been honored with numerous industry awards for innovation in data protection and storage. Visit www.crossroads.com.
©2012 Crossroads Systems, Inc. Crossroads and Crossroads Systems are registered trademarks of Crossroads Systems, Inc. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.