PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - May 24, 2011) -
- LARK, a silent "un-alarm" clock, sleep sensor and personal sleep coach, is now available. It provides a silent and natural wake up, and coaches you to improve your sleep and to enhance your awake time.
- LARK was developed with professional sports sleep coach, Cheri Mah, who trains NBA, NFL, and NHL athletes toward peak performance.
- LARK is a soft, light wristband that:
- Wakes you up silently without disturbing your partner's sleep.
- Wakes you up in a natural feeling way, without the jarring experience and subsequent crash from the adrenaline caused by regular alarms.
- Tracks your sleep patterns and communicates your quality of sleep on your LARK UP app.
- Wirelessly works with your iPhone 3GS and 4, iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad to provide a 7Day Sleep Assessment -- an actionable sleep plan that provides personalized goals and recommendations to help you live a healthier and more active life.
- LARK is on sale now at www.lark.com. The LARK silent alarm wristband and sleep tracker retails for $129. The LARK Pro package, which also includes a 7Day Assessment and personal Sleep Coach app, retails for $189.
How it Works:
- While you are asleep, LARK's micro-movement wrist sensor tracks thousands of data points to determine your overall quality of sleep, including how long it takes for you to fall asleep and how many times you wake up.
- It wakes you up silently using patent-pending soothing vibration technology.
- The data is sent wirelessly to the LARK UP app and is instantly displayed on your phone and your personal health dashboard online.
- 7Day Sleep Assessment unlocks a personal Sleep Coach to train you with personalized goals, content and reminders.
- You and your partner's sleep -- and more importantly, awake time -- improves with LARK.
- 38 percent of people in relationships experience high tension because of their partner's sleep habits, with the biggest complaints being snoring and alarm clocks. Snoring is a sign of poor sleep. You can see how your partner is sleeping with LARK's sleep sensor and never again be jarred awake by an annoying alarm.
- The last hour of sleep is the most restorative in building up your athletic, work, and sexual performance, immunity, reaction time, memory and mood. Allowing your partner undisrupted sleep can make a difference.
- Studies show people are poor judges of how they sleep and the impact on their daytime functioning. In one study, cognitive performance after an all-nighter was equivalent to the cognitive impairment of being legally drunk.
Attributable to Julia Hu, CEO, LARK:
I saw the negative effects of poor sleep on my boyfriend. His sleep habits and alarm clock snoozing started affecting every aspect of my life as well -- my work, our relationship, my mood. I started LARK because better sleep is the easiest way to improve life. Understanding how you sleep is the key to accelerating long-term behavior change. And since everyone has a smart phone, we can now provide personalized health and lifestyle tools more easily than ever before. Better sleep and sleep habits are the best gift you can give yourself and your loved ones.
Attributable to Cheri D. Mah, MS, sleep coach for teams in the NBA, NFL, and NHL:
Healthy and adequate sleep is often overlooked as a key factor in peak cognitive and physical performance. Specifically, inadequate sleep negatively impacts your reaction time, decision-making, and physical training such as weight lifting. Healthy sleep is not only important for elite athletes, but it is critical for everyone who wants to perform at their best whether at school, work, or in their local sports league. LARK not only helps you understand more about your sleep, but LARK provides tools to help reach your personal sleep goals, while also ending the bedroom battle most couples face over disrupted sleep from alarm clocks.
LARK is a technology company that helps people live better lives through better sleep. The LARK silent "un-alarm," sleep sensor and sleep coach app work with the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad to wake you up without noise while coaching you to sleep better. LARK's goal is to make your life happier, healthier and sexier through better sleep. Founded in 2010 and backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, LARK is based in Palo Alto, Calif. To wake your potential, visit www.lark.com.