PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 21, 2011) -
- LARK, a silent "un-alarm" clock and sleep sensor that empowers people to sleep better, is now available in all European Apple stores, including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Portugal, and Spain.
- Designed with Cheri Mah, a pro-sports sleep coach who helps Olympians break world records through better sleep, and Dr. Jo Solet, a top sleep expert, who brings decades of sleep research experience working to help individuals sleep better; LARK is a soft wristband that helps you:
- Wake up silently without disturbing your partner's sleep.
- Wake up in a natural feeling way, without the jarring experience and subsequent crash from the adrenaline caused by regular alarms.
- Monitor your sleep patterns and discover how you can easily improve your quality of sleep.
- Foster healthy habits around what matters most to you in life, such as your health, your performance, and your mood -- through LARK's mobile sleep training program.
- The software upgrade, LARK Pro, provides a 7-Day Sleep Assessment and a Personal Sleep Coach for a year that assesses how you sleep compared to others and recommends the easiest ways to improve your sleep based on your sleep patterns.
- LARK Pro is currently available in English and can be purchased on www.LARK.com. LARK for Europe is available online at http://www.apple.com/euro/store/, and retails for EUR 99 and £89.
- LARK wirelessly works with your iPhone 3GS and 4, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation) and iPad, and includes an online personal sleep dashboard.
- For customer service or technology questions, visit www.lark.com. Additional information can be found at http://support.lark.com/forums/20155557-faq.
How it Works:
- While you are asleep, LARK's micro-movement wrist sensor tracks thousands of data points to determine your overall quality of sleep, including how long it takes for you to fall asleep and how many times you wake up.
- It wakes you silently using patent-pending soothing vibration technology.
- The data is sent wirelessly to the LARK app and is instantly displayed on your phone and your personal health dashboard online.
- LARK Pro uses your personal sleep data to provide a Personal Sleep Coaching Program that is tailored to help you with a personalized regiment to improve your sleep easily.
- You and your partner's sleep -- and more importantly, awake time -- improves with LARK.
- The last hour of sleep is the most restorative in building up your athletic, work, and sexual performance, immunity, reaction time, memory and mood. Allowing your partner undisrupted sleep can improve their lives significantly.
Attributable to Julia Hu, CEO, LARK:
"Getting better sleep is the absolute easiest thing you can do to improve your health, happiness and overall performance. We are thrilled to be bringing the LARK experience to the sophisticated, technologically-advanced European market through Apple. Now the whole world can begin sleeping and feeling better as a result."
LARK is a technology company that helps people improve what matters to them most through better sleep. The LARK silent "un-alarm," sleep sensor and sleep coach app work with the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad to wake you up without noise while coaching you to sleep better. Founded in 2010, LARK is based in Palo Alto, Calif. To wake your potential, visit www.lark.com.