ANDOVER, MA--(Marketwire - Oct 10, 2012) - NaviSite, Inc., a premier provider of enterprise-class hosting, managed application, managed messaging and managed cloud services, today announced that several large enterprise organizations with thousands of desktops are trialing their NaviCloud® ONE, desktop-as-a-service (DaaS) solution. The consumerization of IT and increasing popularity of bring your own device (BYOD) policies is changing the way organizations think about supporting the traditional desktop as well as emerging end user devices. DaaS provides a secure, uniform and cost effective way for enterprise organizations to support thousands of disparate devices.
"The predictions industry pundits have made about the rise of BYOD have come to pass, and its adoption is happening at an accelerated rate," said David Grimes, Chief Technology Officer at NaviSite. "Our DaaS offering, NaviCloud ONE, is allowing businesses to embrace BYOD while ensuring security of corporate data, enabling IT to set clear policies around usage and support, while employees easily access their desktops from anywhere and on multiple-devices."
DaaS transforms the desktop and its management from a capital to an operational expense, and provides organizations the ability to quickly deploy new desktops for projects, acquisitions and contractors. The top trends NaviSite is seeing as to why large organizations are thinking about making the move to DaaS include:
- The Ability To Access Corporate Information From Anywhere: Employees can utilize their full desktop, not just data, from home, work, or on the road without compromising or breaking company security policies and requirements.
- Allow Employees To Work from A Device of Choice: Employees can work from any device; laptop, desktop, iPad, or other personal device without violating internal IT policies while freeing up their IT department from managing a variety of different devices.
- Maximized Corporate Security: Organizations with large teams of offshore developers/temps who need access locked down can centralize sensitive data and separate it from the end device retaining full control of corporate information no matter where an endpoint resides.
- Built-In Disaster Recovery: DaaS provides organizations with simple and low cost disaster recovery down to the employee level.
- Turnkey Provisioning: DaaS allows companies to quickly and easily expand the enterprise footprint without the complexity of desktop infrastructure and application support -- this is especially popular with organizations that have large call-centers.
To learn more about DaaS, view this webinar titled "Embracing BYOD with DaaS" or download the whitepaper Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and the Implications for IT: http://bit.ly/OSkWUW.
NaviSite, Inc., a Time Warner Cable Company, is a leading international provider of enterprise-class, cloud-enabled hosting, managed applications and services. NaviSite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable managed services, including Application Services, industry-leading Enterprise Hosting, and Managed Cloud Services for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures and helps lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions, delivered through a global footprint of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information about NaviSite's services, please visit www.navisite.com.
All logos, company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.