IRVINE, CA--(Marketwire - Jul 31, 2012) - Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX), a leading global provider of smart M2M connectivity solutions, today announced the worldwide availability of its new xPrintServer™ - Home Edition, the follow-up to the company's award-winning xPrintServer - Network Edition, the industry's first and only plug-and-print hardware solution for printing from iPads®, iPhones®, and virtually any Apple iOS® device.
"Lantronix has hit on an incredibly simple but powerful solution for home users of iOS devices," said Jeff Wolfe, president and co-founder of Wolfe Engineering, a California-based civil engineering firm. "The inability to quickly and easily print from your iPad has been a source of frustration for Apple enthusiasts since the iPad launch. With no apps to download, no software to install, and no need to buy a new printer, the xPrintServer has surpassed our expectations and should be a success with even the most novice of home users."
The xPrintServer - Home Edition: Key Differentiators
The xPrintServer - Home Edition boasts the same ease-of-use and high performance as xPrintServer - Network Edition, and has the added benefit of transforming USB printers to network printers. Now instead of being tied to only one PC or Mac computer, the USB printer will be available over the home network to all networked PC and Mac computers in addition to the iOS devices.
- Ease-of-Use. No IT experience required. Simply open the box, plug it in, print.
- No Software. No software or apps to purchase, install, or support on the iOS device.
- One xPrintServer, Multiple Printers and Users! Preserve your investment in USB printers. One xPrintServer - Home Edition supports multiple USB printers, up to two network-connected printers, and an unlimited number of iOS devices and users.
- Share USB Printers. No longer tied to a single PC or Mac computer, USB printers will now be available to all PC and Mac computers on a home network in addition to the iOS devices.
- No Configuration. The xPrintServer - Home Edition auto-discovers and auto-provisions printers.
- Always-on and Economical. Unlike most app solutions, the xPrintServer - Home Edition does not require a high power consumption PC or Mac computer to be on. The xPrintServer - Home Edition also has a very environmentally friendly power consumption of approximately 1 watt.
- Print Everything. If it can be viewed, opened, or read on an iOS device, it can be printed with the xPrintServer.
The xPrintServer: Open it. Plug it in. Print!
The Lantronix xPrintServer - Network Edition and Home Edition are the first Apple iOS print servers compatible with the new iPad, iPad2, iPhone, iPod touch, and virtually any device running Apple's iOS mobile operating system. The xPrintServer, roughly the size of an iPhone, is an easy-to-use hardware solution that utilizes the iOS native print menu and requires no additional applications, software downloads, or printer driver installations. With automatic printer discovery and no configuration, printing is fast, easy and hassle-free. Simply open the box, plug the xPrintServer anywhere into the network or router, and print wirelessly from any iOS device running iOS version 4.2 or later, to virtually any USB or network-connected printer.
How to Buy
The xPrintServer - Home Edition retails for $99.95 MSRP, and is designed for home (consumer) and small business users looking to print to USB and/or network-connected printers, either wired or wireless.
xPrintServer Reseller Program
For companies interested in volume purchases or xPrintServer distribution and partnership opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX) is a global leader of secure communication technologies that simplify access and communication with and between virtually any electronic device. Our smart connectivity solutions enable sharing data between devices and applications to empower businesses to make better decisions based on real-time information, and gain a competitive advantage by generating new revenue streams, improving productivity and increasing efficiency and profitability. Easy to integrate and deploy, Lantronix products remotely and securely connect electronic equipment via networks and the Internet. Founded in 1989, Lantronix serves some of the largest medical, security, industrial and building automation, transportation, retail/POS, financial, government, consumer electronics/appliances, and IT/data center entities in the world. The company's headquarters are located in Irvine, Calif.
For more information, visit www.lantronix.com. The Lantronix blog, http://www.lantronix.com/blog, features industry discussion and updates.
Watch our xPrintServer launch video today! To follow Lantronix on Twitter, visit http://www.twitter.com/Lantronix.
© 2012 Lantronix, Inc. Lantronix, Inc. and Lantronix are registered trademarks, and xPrintServer is a trademark of Lantronix, Inc. iPad, iPhone, iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other
countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective holders. Specifications subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.