SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 6, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group LLC, a leading multi-channel retailer in the Middle East, is using Oracle Retail Point-of-Service and Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management to optimize store operations and improve customer experiences across its 500-plus stores in the region.
- Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group has integrated Oracle Retail Stores applications with its existing Oracle Retail Merchandising Operations Management, Oracle Retail Merchandise Financial Planning and Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System solutions to create an enterprise-wide view of the business and ensure its retail operations are optimized in support of the Group's performance, growth and customer objectives.
- The Oracle Retail Stores applications are delivering a more unified view of operational data, providing the business with improved visibility to inventory levels and item performance, with which it can act quickly to meet store needs and trends and drive sales.
- In addition to helping drive higher levels of customer satisfaction through merchandise availability, store associates can access data in real-time on customer profile, purchasing and loyalty history to maintain consistent and positive shopping experiences across the Group's store portfolio.
- This latest deployment of Oracle Retail applications extends Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group's strategic relationship with Oracle, which began in 2006 with the selection of Oracle Retail and the Oracle E-Business Suite and has continued to support the Group's expansion across the Gulf region.
- Now operating over 500 stores across six countries, Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group LLC, is one of the most established retail groups in the region operating 11 brand outlets, some franchised and rest private labels -- two of which, Nayomi and Mikyajy, are highly successful brands -- on the Oracle platform.
- The implementation of Oracle Retail Stores solutions was completed in five months and continues to be rolled out across the Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group business.
- "This latest addition to our Oracle Retail platform is a further step in achieving our strategic business and customer objectives," said Thameem Rizvon, CIO, Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group. "The integrated capabilities of the Oracle Retail solutions are delivering significant value by improving the in-store experience for our customers."
- "Building on its existing Oracle Retail foundation to focus on optimizing store operations is helping Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group to deliver a superior customer experience," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail.
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.