NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Jul 24, 2012) - Kaltura, developer of the first open source online video platform (www.kaltura.com), announced today that it has launched a new version of its Cross Campus Media Suite -- the most complete video solution available today for educational institutions. Kaltura's popular rich-media solutions are already in use by more than 500 global educational institutions, reaching millions of students & faculty members, growing at a rate of 300% over the last year.
New features in the suite include advanced collaborative features that allow faculty and students to share video content across courses, within a shared faculty repository and even across applications -- for the first time. With eight out of ten faculty members already using video for teaching, faculty, librarians, and administrators expect their use of video in education to grow significantly over the next five years.
The latest versions of Kaltura's video solutions for education include:
- Kaltura Video Building Block for Blackboard Learn Version 3.0 - new features and enhancements include integration with the Blackboard Learn Mashup Tool, a shared video repository for faculty to share content across courses, and new advanced search capabilities.
- Kaltura Video Package for Moodle 2.x Version 2.0 - new features and enhancements include integration as an external repository available from the text editor, a My Media repository for users, and content sharing between users.
- Kaltura Video Tool for Sakai CLE Version 2.0 - new features and enhancements include a My Media repository for users, advanced internationalization capabilities, and support for mobile delivery.
- Kaltura MediaSpace Application Version 4.0, Campus Tube - new features and enhancements include support for user uploads, recording and screen capture, separately managed channels, user entitlement and user level statistics and additional interactive features.
"We have implemented Kaltura's video platform across our campus and are seeing great results. Over 1,000 new assets were uploaded in the Spring 2012 semester," said Andrew Page, Manager, Integrated Audio and Video Engineering, Cornell University. "We now have a comprehensive framework for managing and delivering learning, scholarship, and marketing media assets at Cornell."
Kaltura's video solutions are optimized to deliver video to any user on any device, and allow educational institutions to easily manage media content across various systems. Kaltura's Cross Campus Media Suite is designed to fit seamlessly into every aspect of the education lifecycle including:
- Using video and rich media for marketing and admissions to drive enrollment
- Teaching and Learning, with a deep integration into Learning Management Systems -- driving better learning results
- Creating a central media repository for libraries and archives, supporting better search
- Live broadcasts of school events, and sports competitions
- Alumni relations, allowing alumni to stay connected using video
Jama Coartney, Head of Digital Media Lab, UVA Library, University of Virginia: "We have been using Kaltura's solutions for over two years now, and the results have been outstanding. During the 2011 academic year, over 8,500 audio and video clips were made available to students as part of an integrated component within the learning management system. Not only does Kaltura provide a range of solutions for all of our video needs, they continue to develop new video capabilities as technologies evolve. These advances help in creating a digital environment to support 21st century learning and scholarship."
15 of the top 20 universities already rely on Kaltura's Cross Campus Media Suite video platform, including Cornell, MIT TechTV, Stanford, Harvard, New York University, University of Virginia, Houston Community College, University of Southern California and many more. Kaltura's video solutions for education also include a wide range of built-in integrations with third-party services and capabilities, such as lecture capture integration, in-video search integration and the compatibility for third parties to access videos, and more.
"Over the past two years, Kaltura's video solutions for educational institutions have spread like wildfire, helping today's educators provide students, faculty and their own system administrators with the tools they need to drive learning results in today's digital age," said Ron Yekutiel, Kaltura Chairman & CEO. "We look forward to continue developing the next-generation education tools hand-in-hand with our customers and partners for years to come."
Learn more about Kaltura's video solutions for education at http://corp.kaltura.com/Video-Solutions/Education.
Kaltura provides the world's first Open Source Online Video Platform, transforming the way people work, learn and entertain, using video. Kaltura's platform engages hundreds of millions of viewers, offers next-generation learning for millions of students and teachers, and improves productivity and interaction among millions of employees across the globe. Kaltura's features and products enable to easily deploy video in any website or any web platform. Kaltura's free community-supported open source software is available for download at www.kaltura.org. Kaltura's commercial software and applications can be ordered and obtained at www.kaltura.com along with Kaltura services such as streaming, hosting, transcoding, analytics, ad serving, support and maintenance packages, and professional development. For more information: www.kaltura.com, www.kaltura.org and http://exchange.kaltura.com/.