BOSTON, MA--(Marketwire - Sep 19, 2012) - TDWI Conference
- Kalido, the leading provider of agile information management software, today announced a new way for organizations to assess bottom line impacts of their data efficiency. The Data Efficiency Assessment requires five minutes and asks users ten questions that provide a snapshot of the impact data efficiency has on economic and productivity results.
- The assessment correlates data efficiency (time horizons to assemble, interpret and make decisions on data) with employee productivity and economic factors to arrive at the bottom line impact of an organization's data practices.
- Once completed, the responses are interpreted and returned as a report that contrasts surveyed performance versus that of a previously surveyed test group. Findings are presented in infographic form, highlighting the status of economic and productivity impacts specific to the respondent's organization and suggesting process and technology adjustments to improve economic and productivity impacts.
- The assessment presents an "as is, could be" case designed to clearly depict the current state of data efficiency and opportunities to improve upon current rates. To establish a benchmark for the assessment, Kalido surveyed more than 400 TDWI Conference attendees over the past nine months.
- To evaluate your organizations data agility visit http://www.kalido.com/business-agility-assessment.htm
Data Doesn't Lie
- Recent Kalido surveys of The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI) membership found:
- 70% feel the rate of business change outpaces IT's capability to keep up
- 38% take up to 3 months to integrate new information for decision making
- 40% need up to 3 months to deliver new views on data after a reorganization
- The numbers highlight a broad industry need for improvement, reflecting poor efficiency in the data foundation and inability to enable business agility.
- This corresponds with the recent Nucleus Research report, "Guidebook: Measuring the half life of data" which finds that all data starts with high initial value and that value diminishes over time at different rates based on when and how it contributes to business decision making. As such, the most successful companies are looking beyond traditional data capture and analytical strategies to accelerate the tempo of decision making.
Allen Johnson, Vice President Marketing and Channels, Kalido, said:
- "Data is increasingly the most valuable asset in any organization's portfolio and its value is impacted by whether it is being used for operational, tactical or strategic decision making. Characterizing that value is a challenge and we established the Data Efficiency Assessment for clients to get a glimpse of the productivity and economic impacts their data practices have on their organizations. It's a five-minute investment of time that could literally start them on a rapid track to millions of dollars in recovered cost."
Kalido is the leading provider of agile information management software. Kalido enables companies to manage data as a shared enterprise asset by supporting the business process of data management. Kalido software has been deployed at more than 300 locations in over 100 countries, including 20 percent of the world's most profitable companies as determined by Fortune Magazine. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com.