REDWOOD CITY, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 6, 2012) -
Core News Facts:
- Jybe today announced a major overhaul to its personalized recommendation iPhone app, making it even easier to make decisions on food and entertainment choices to match your personal interests.
- By integrating information from the web, your social networks and your personal tastes, Jybe offers the best food and entertainment options suited for you. Jybe's recommendations are continuously refined the more you express your likes and dislikes.
- Jybe added the following new features to help you find the best recommendations without putting in extra work:
- Richer Content - receive additional information on your category interests including recipes matched to your food tastes, book and movie reviews from top sources, highlighted trailers for new movies and the opportunity to buy tickets directly through the app.
- Influencers - find people who are influential in a particular category or geographic area and follow them so you can use their likes and dislikes when making your decisions.
- "Taste Match" - displayed on every item to easily highlight things you will enjoy.
- Recommendation Quality - see more tailored recommendations for actors, authors and foods based on your previous movie, book, restaurant and dish selections.
- Setup Process - a couple of easy and fun rating screens help you enter your interests to get more personalized recommendations.
- Additionally, Jybe now incorporates a new design that includes more images and enhanced functionality focused on the feed and recommendations.
- Other exclusive Jybe features include:
- Recommendation Feed - find millions of movies, books, restaurants and dishes, mapped to your taste profile and continuously get the most relevant ones to your feed.
- User Similarities - see the taste similarities you have with people you know or find people with similar tastes to you.
- Barcode Search - scan a book or movie barcode to immediately find how well it matches your Jybe taste profile.
- Lists - save items for later so you can look back at your lists for reminders on your favorites and the things to avoid.
- Jybe is available for free in the App Store and can be downloaded here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jybe/id507644363?mt=8. For more information on Jybe, visit http://www.jy.be/.
Jybe Use Cases:
- If you're in the mood to watch a movie, pull up Jybe on your iPhone. You will instantly find movies matching your tastes, presented in a straightforward format with various options to see a great movie in theaters -- watch the movie trailer, read a review, see what time it's playing at a theater near you or buy a ticket through Fandango.
- If you're at a restaurant, open Jybe on your iPhone to find a dish you like on the Jybe menu. You can tap through the menu options and save popular recipes for that dish to make at home later.
- If you like to read, use Jybe to find your next book. You can find books with a high "Taste Match" from your favorite authors then read a synopsis or editorial reviews, purchase the book directly from Jybe or save a book to your wish list.
Arnab Bhattacharjee, co-founder and CEO, Jybe
"While the social recommendation industry has come a long way, the market is still wide-open for disruption. The challenge currently lies in helping consumers find things they like without making them do all the work. Our team has figured out a way to scour the web and cut out the noise to deliver fine-tuned recommendations in one addictive app. Now, consumers won't spend time making timely and needless decisions and instead can use their precious hours doing what they enjoy."
Jybe is a personalized recommendation app that makes it easy to find the best stuff. Movie, food and book lovers can save time with Jybe's vetted choices and discover, recommend and remember things they like. Jybe gets to know you. As you tell Jybe what you like and don't like, it offers up personalized and trusted choices you can use. Founded in 2011 by search technology veterans, Jybe is located in Redwood City, Calif. To check out Jybe, visit: http://www.jy.be/.