SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 29, 2012) - Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that its QFabric™ family of products has completed rigorous testing through EMC® E-Lab and is qualified to interoperate with EMC VMAX® and VNX® storage arrays. In addition, Juniper Networks® QFabric system has been added to EMC's Support Matrix. EMC E-Lab conducts the industry's most rigorous interoperability testing and is the industry gold standard for server networking and storage interoperability.
Click to Tweet: Juniper Announces QFabric Interoperability with EMC VMAX and VNX Storage Systems http://bit.ly/JNPRnewz
- EMC E-Lab has completed rigorous interoperability testing on the QFabric solution in an end-to-end, multivendor environment, which included testing and qualification of solutions with hypervisors, operating systems, Converged Network Adapters (CNA), Fibre Channel, Ethernet Switches, and EMC VMAX and EMC VNX storage systems.
- The qualification adds Juniper Networks QFX3500 10GbE top-of-rack switch, QFX3000-M QFabric System and QFX3000-G QFabric System to EMC's Support Matrix.
- The QFabric/EMC interoperability means customers can easily plan, deploy and scale to support growing data storage environments, and quickly respond to changes in their data center networks using the Juniper Networks QFabric system or QFX3500 Switch in EMC VMAX and VNX storage environments.
"Many enterprises manage data centers where compute, storage and networking solutions are multivendor environments, often with additional complexity, and increased provisioning and operational costs. With Juniper's QFabric networking solution having met EMC's qualifications and interoperability requirements, enterprise IT customers will have that extra assurance that QFabric can be successfully deployed as part of inter-operable datacenter infrastructure, creating new opportunities for Juniper."
- Rohit Mehra, vice president, network infrastructure, IDC
"By qualifying Juniper's QFabric family of products through the rigorous EMC E-Lab testing process, customers can confidently deploy QFabric within EMC VMAX and EMC VNX storage environments as they transform their IT infrastructures."
- Carolyn Muise, senior director, EMC E-Lab Worldwide Operations, EMC
"When it comes to storage convergence, vendor compatibility is always a factor for consideration by our customers. Knowing that EMC has extensively tested QFabric technology in a multivendor environment gives us confidence that our clients' Juniper network infrastructure will continue to support their converged data center networking requirements, while at the same time open new revenue streams for us."
- Peter Jansson, senior systems engineer, IGXGlobal
"By qualifying Juniper Networks QFabric products with the EMC multivendor ecosystem, Juniper is providing solution providers with assurance to confidently recommend a safe, reliable and industry-leading solution for storage convergence requirements. Furthermore, we believe this qualification will open new business opportunities for our partners as they market their solutions into data centers."
- Joe Burke, vice president, North American enterprise storage, security, virtualization and networking group, enterprise solutions, Arrow Electronics Inc.
"With the volume of business data doubling every year, simplified storage convergence has become strategic to data centers. More than ever, customers want vendors to take complexity out of the equation, making the Juniper Network QFabric family of products ideal for connecting storage environments. With the latest interoperability testing, customers can confidently deploy the industry's most comprehensive network fabric solution with the leading storage provider."
- Denise Shiffman, vice president, product management and strategy, Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at www.juniper.net or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and QFabric are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.