PORTLAND, OR--(Marketwire - Sep 12, 2012) - iovation, the Device Reputation Authority™ protecting online businesses from fraud and abuse, today announced the launch of its Fraud Force Online Community. The virtual crime-fighting network is available exclusively to iovation clients and provides thousands of fraud professionals a private, virtual community to connect and collaborate in the fight against cybercrime. This enables exclusive insight into the latest attack vectors that online fraudsters are using and the latest techniques on how to thwart those attacks.
"Sharing data is baked into iovation's DNA and is essential to combat constantly evolving Internet threats and the devices that are used to conduct them," said Jon Karl, Vice President of Corporate Development at iovation. "Our clients have expressed great interest in having the ability to connect with other fraud analysts in a secure way while sharing real-time fraud and abuse intelligence through iovation's ReputationManager 360 solution. The new Fraud Force Online Community enables them to do this, extending the valuable conversations already taking place at our user groups, facilitating law enforcement, and sharing fraud prevention strategies and tactics in a way that outpaces the fraudsters."
Some of the key features of The Fraud Force Online Community include:
- Industry breakouts -- Fraud experts can discuss industry-specific topics by participating in groups such as financial services, online retail, gaming, gambling, dating sites and social networks.
- Topic groups -- Users can jump right into global topics such as business rules, fraud and abuse evidence placement, and device reputation.
- Public, private and secret groups -- While the Fraud Force Online Community is already private and secure, users may select even more privacy. They can collaborate openly within a select group, or through peer-to-peer communications.
- Polls -- Users can get instant feedback by posing questions to their fraud professional peers within the community.
- Document sharing -- Fraud experts can access documentation on various fraud attacks and provide feedback on those documents in real time.
- Blogs -- As bad actors rapidly change their tactics, security experts will be sharing real-life fraud scenarios and methods of detection.
"iovation having a central location to share information related to fraud and the gaming industry is exciting and frankly essential," said Thomas Lieberman, Senior Engineer at En Masse Entertainment. "Individuals can come up with great ideas, but a collective with shared data is a much stronger weapon to fight fraud."
The Fraud Force Online Community will be unveiled in person to current iovation clients at the upcoming Fraud Force Portland User Group Summit held September 16 through 18 in Portland, Oregon at the Nines Hotel.
iovation protects online businesses and their end users against fraud and abuse through an industry-leading combination of shared device reputation and real-time risk evaluation. More than 2,000 fraud managers around the globe leverage iovation's database of Internet devices and relationships between them to determine the level of risk associated with any type of online transaction. Retail, financial services, social network, gaming and other companies make real-time queries to iovation's knowledge base of more than one billion devices from every country in the world. Every day, iovation stops over 150,000 fraud attempts. For more information, visit www.iovation.com.