LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - Jul 24, 2012) - Winston Baker, leading global producer of film finance conferences, announces the 4th Annual Film Finance Forum East to be presented in association with Variety. Historically, the Film Finance Forum East has been offered in New York; however, in its 4th year, the forum will be hosted at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, Canada on September 10, 2012 during the 37th Annual Toronto International Film Festival. This year's goal will be to bring together key film and investment executives to address where film finance is heading, how to manage today's risks, and strategies for generating returns in the current environment as a financier, producer and/or distributor of independent film projects.
The notable speaking faculty will include:
- Laurie May, Executive Vice President, Alliance Films
- Michael Benaroya, Chief Executive Officer, Benaroya Pictures
- Teddy Schwarzman, Principal, Black Bear Pictures
- Adam Ripp, Chief Executive Officer and President, Crime Scene Pictures
- Joe Chianese, Executive Vice President, EP Financial Solutions, Entertainment Partners
- Marc Schipper, Chief Operating Officer, Exclusive Media
- Anthony Rhulen, Chief Executive Officer & Founder, FilmEngine
- Will French, President, Film Production Capital
- Maarten Melchior, International Representative, Film and TV Division, Fintage House
- James Huddleston, Senior Vice President, Finance and Business Affairs, Informant Media
- Adam Rymer, Chief Operating Officer, Lava Bear Films
- Mark Gill, President, Millennium Films
- Bill Lischak, Chief Operating Officer, OddLot Entertainment
- Mariella Perez, Film Commissioner, Puerto Rico Department of Economic Development and Commerce
- Berry Meyerowitz, President and Chief Executive Officer, PHASE 4 Films
- Clint Kisker, Director, Screen Capital International
- Robert Darwell, Chair, Entertainment, Media, Technology Group, Sheppard Mullin
- Jay Cohen, Head of Film Finance and Distribution, The Gersh Agency
- Lisa Wilson, Co-Founder/Partner, The Solution Entertainment Group
- Mark Ankner, Agent, Finance and Distribution Group, WME Entertainment
- Christopher Woodrow, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Worldview Entertainment
- Among other seasoned experts
"The challenges of investing and operating in today's economy continue to evolve and affect deal-making. Winston Baker's Film Finance Forum East is a unique opportunity to have access to the views and strategies of leading industry players whose activities have a direct impact on the industry dynamics," said Christopher Woodrow, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Worldview Entertainment and a speaker of the Toronto forum.
Supporting sponsors of the forum include Entertainment Partners, Film Production Capital, and Sheppard Mullin. For more information, visit: http://www.filmfinanceforum.com/toronto.html.
About Winston Baker
The Winston Baker team specializes in organizing conferences for the financial community, offering timely programs, which address emerging investment trends and finance strategies. For more information: www.WinstonBaker.com.