NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Jul 16, 2012) - Concurrent with Microsoft's new Office announcement today, Intermedia, a global leader in cloud services for small and medium-sized businesses and the largest Microsoft Exchange hosting provider, announced the release of the company's hosted Exchange 2013 beta program. This continues the pioneering company's tradition of innovation. Intermedia was the first hoster to offer hosted Exchange in 2000, the first to market with Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010, and the first to offer private label hosted Exchange. Intermedia was selected by Microsoft as one of 10 partners to beta test Exchange 2013, its next generation Exchange platform. Intermedia offers a complete set of cloud services, including hosted Exchange 2010, via its Office in the Cloud™ suite of services. Office in the Cloud combines popular Microsoft services such as Exchange, Lync and SharePoint with Intermedia's services for backup, mobility, security, voice and more. Microsoft's Exchange 2013 is scheduled to be generally available in early 2013.
"Our customers and partners demand the most up to date cloud services, and we remain committed to providing them with cutting-edge technology," says Michael Gold, president, Intermedia. "Our hosted Exchange 2013 beta not only continues our tradition of providing the newest, leading technologies, but also opens the opportunity for the public to test this exciting product, explore its new interaction and provide feedback."
The Exchange 2013 beta enables users to experience the latest, most advanced touch interface and roaming capabilities across multiple devices -- from smartphones, to tablets, to the more traditional desktop. The Exchange 2013 beta includes such enhancements as:
- A rich and improved UI
- A unified view of contacts regardless of which applications they are stored in (Exchange, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.) for fast search, search by nickname and phonetically, and presentation of unique contacts when searching.
- The incorporation of Bing Maps and YouTube URLs in emails that contain addresses or pointers to videos.
- A simplified process for composing notes and scheduling meetings including the capability to extend the calendar beyond the corporate boundaries.
- OWA enhancements
- An application marketplace integrated with the OWA interface that enables users to browse, search and download applications.
- An offline mode for OWA that allows users to read and respond to messages and manage their calendar and contacts when not connected to a network.
- Data and device protection
- The ability to erase sensitive corporate email data from mobile devices without wiping the entire device, which is increasingly important in the "bring your own device" (BYOD) world.
Intermedia's Exchange 2013 beta service is delivered from the company's proprietary cloud infrastructure and assures high reliability, backup and security -- some of the many reasons why over 50,000 companies trust the cloud services provider. It also includes account management through the company's HostPilot® Control Panel that integrates all Intermedia services and solutions in one easy to use control panel, access to 24/7 world-class support and service, SpamStopper, ActiveSync for mobility with Apple devices, and much more.
Users are invited to sign up for Intermedia's free beta at http://www.intermedia.net/exchange2013.
Intermedia is the premier provider of cloud services to small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Its integrated suite enables SMBs to communicate, collaborate and handle content using a secure, business grade infrastructure. These highly reliable services are backed by a 24x7 support, 99.999% financially backed SLA, and a Cloud Concierge™ custom migration service. Intermedia is the world's largest hosted Exchange provider with over 480,000 mailboxes under management. The company's Office in the Cloud™ suite combines Intermedia's proprietary offerings for complete mobility, backup, security, voice and more with Microsoft tools such as Exchange 2010, Lync and SharePoint. All services are delivered from Intermedia's secure datacenters and managed from the company's proprietary HostPilot® Control Panel -- providing customers a single point of control. Intermedia also empowers thousands of partners -- including managed service providers, VARs and many leading Telcos -- to sell cloud services under their own brand. Founded in 1995, Intermedia was the first to offer hosted Microsoft Exchange services. For more information, visit www.intermedia.net.