NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Sep 19, 2012) - Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced the City of Santa Monica's Water Resource Division has implemented the latest version of the Infor Public Sector Suite to improve access to accurate, consolidated data for real-time visibility into city water resources and maintenance processes. Enhanced data analysis coupled with robust asset management enables the City to generate savings through more effective asset maintenance plans and the reduction of unnecessary maintenance-related expenditures.
- The Infor Public Sector Suite eliminates manual processes and data records, providing consolidated information in a secure, web-based database to ensure consistency and enable easier tracking, retrieval and reporting.
- Infor Public Sector helps the City accurately gauge efficiency and the probability of asset failure, enabling it to replace assets before they break and better allocate repair funds to achieve maximum value from existing assets, helping to generate savings through prolonged asset lifespans.
- Advanced reporting and analysis functionality allows the City to drill down into cost data and build asset hierarchies to analyze expenses and help identify additional potential savings areas.
- Infor Public Sector links to other Infor or third-party applications, providing connectivity between all three water resource division locations and existing systems for accurate, real-time visibility into completed and outstanding work orders or maintenance requests.
- By automating the work order process, Infor Public Sector significantly reduces the number of steps necessary for Santa Monica to generate and complete a request within the system, facilitating faster work order processing so employees can spend more time on other essential tasks.
- The solution's mapping tool is both easy-to-read and user friendly, allowing the City's employees to quickly identify and pinpoint assets on a map by pulling from the built-in address repository.
City of Santa Monica Quote
"Before Public Sector Enterprise we tracked everything on paper, which made it very labor intensive to extract and examine data," said Ivo Nkwenji, lead systems analyst & asset management coordinator, Water Resources Division, City of Santa Monica. "Now all of our information is saved within the system and can only be entered in a particular pre-set format, which enables standardization and much easier reporting and analysis. We will ultimately save money through the ability to drill down into our data in a more advanced and effective way with our Infor solution."
"City budgets continue to tighten, and the need for increased accountability and transparency is paramount in the minds of many citizens, making it increasingly important to provide public agencies with a solution that can help stretch resources by enabling cost savings through the identification of overspending areas, and maximizing the life of existing assets," said Kevin Curry, SVP, Public Sector, Infor. "Public Sector Enterprise is built with the unique needs of government entities in mind to provide a complete picture of spending, along with the reporting and analysis tools needed for easier compliance with regulatory requirements."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
Infor is the world's third-largest supplier of enterprise applications and services, helping more than 70,000 large and mid-size companies improve operations and drive growth across numerous industry sectors. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.