NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Aug 29, 2012) - Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced the availability of Infor EAM Healthcare Edition. This ION-enabled, specialized application is an advanced asset management system that combines best-in-class asset management capabilities, unique features for improving operations and performance, and advanced modules to help ensure the best possible fit for the asset management needs of organizations in the healthcare industry in real time.
As a web-architected system, Infor EAM Healthcare Edition allows healthcare organizations to access the functions through a standard Internet browser, anywhere and anytime. It is also available as a hosted solution and can also be deployed in a software as a service (SaaS) model, allowing for a significant reduction to total cost of ownership. In addition to offering advanced support for traditional facilities management, Infor EAM Healthcare Edition also supports organizations in taking on new challenges, like optimizing energy consumption and meeting the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards for environmentally sustainable construction.
"Infor EAM Healthcare Edition delivers the advanced functionality hospital facility managers need to operate in today's stringent business environment," said Jim Catalino, senior vice president and general manager for Healthcare, Infor. "The shorter implementation time allows for managers to quickly start gathering and analyzing critical data on key pieces of equipment to make better, faster decisions that will directly impact the bottom line, and ultimately enhance patient care across the organization."
Infor EAM Healthcare Edition also delivers:
- Increased regulatory compliance - Quickly prepare compliance tracking and trending reports for The Joint Commission and utilize asset tracking to keep audit-ready throughout the organization.
- Enhanced risk management - Clearly identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and real-time performance monitoring to proactively identify potential problems with high-risk equipment and help avoid damage and expensive liability claims. Infor EAM Healthcare Edition helps ensure facilities and equipment function properly by compiling equipment histories, scheduling and performing preventive maintenance tasks, managing materials and inventory, performing calibrations, and calculating risk on each piece of equipment.
- Real-time information on equipment maintenance needs - Utilize scheduled maintenance, predictive maintenance, and accurate warranty and repair records to ensure the accuracy and reliability of expensive, life-saving equipment.
- Clear visibility into energy management - Incorporate consumption, costs, and environmental impact of natural resources -- water, air, gas, electricity, and steam -- into asset management strategies to reduce cost and ensure compliance.
- Greater mobile capabilities - Extend the value of Infor EAM Healthcare Edition to field service workers as well as the managers, clerks, and schedulers who are connected directly to the solution. The solution expedites service throughout the facility on mobile devices. Personnel can move from room-to-room or site-to-site and still access and record maintenance information, conduct inspections and track inventory.
"This new application is just one of the many ways we're ingraining our products to better identify with our customers' needs," said Kevin Price, director, EAM, Infor. "Our industry expertise allows us to specialize powerful solutions, such as Infor Enterprise Asset Management, to provide a product that serves the specific needs of the Healthcare industry. We're not one size fits all, and our customers can see that through the industry specific functionality that is already included in the system."
Infor is the world's third-largest supplier of enterprise applications and services, helping more than 70,000 large and mid-size companies improve operations and drive growth across numerous industry sectors. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific products and services described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this announcement or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product, service or functionality, even if such is described herein. This document, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement. The services described herein may not be available for all Infor products.