WEST PALM BEACH, FL--(Marketwire - Aug 8, 2012) - Olympusat Holdings, Inc., the largest owner and distributor of Spanish-language pay-television networks and provider of Specialty and Faith & Family networks in the U.S., announced today that they have launched Olympusat Telecom, a new business division that will provide a full set of end-to-end video solutions for media companies and video-centric enterprise customers in the United States and Latin America. Olympusat Telecom's large and diverse lineup of telecom industry leading partners ensures that their customers will have all of their needs met along with the freedom to choose solutions that best fit their unique demands. Olympusat Telecom partners include: Kit Digital, Akamai, Level 3, Comcast Business Class, Century Link, Hibernia Media, Windstream, AT&T/ACC Business and Strangeloop Networks.
"We are on a mission to provide accelerated growth and profitability for our clients, by delivering a wide range of media solutions that include cloud-based streaming video, HD scanning, production/post production services, as well as film restoration and color correction and satellite transport," said C. Austin Powers, President, Olympusat Telecom. "We will ensure that our solutions meet the broadcast-grade level video quality our customers demand, coupled with the versatile media offerings that enable them to grow their brand."
Olympusat has 15 plus years of broadcasting and telecommunications experience, providing innovative solutions to Media & Entertainment video customers worldwide. Olympusat Telecom's cloud solution pushes streaming video content out to the edges of the network, for a much faster, richer and more robust customer experience. Olympusat Telecom and delivered streaming video services to over 60,000 live events in 2011 for major corporations such as Delta, FedEx and Turner Broadcasting. Olympusat Telecom's services include:
- Cloud-based Video Services: Includes Transcoding, Storage and Digital Media Player.
- Content Delivery Network: Combines the advantages of an industry-leading Internet backbone from Level 3 and Akamai with a robust, reliable and proven streaming platform.
- Fiber Connectivity: SD & HD video transport with managed video services for live sports, special events and dedicated circuits.
- Turnkey Satellite Services: North America footprint distribution via Galaxy 23, including SD and HD services utilizing MPEG-4 encoding and DVB S2 modulation.
- Telecommunications: a full range of telecommunications offerings from voice calling, MPLS and point-to-point services to video conferencing and web meetings.
- Post Production Services: HD Scanning of classic and contemporary films, restoration and color correction services.
About Olympusat Telecom
Olympusat Telecom is a turnkey provider of broadband solutions and content rich media platforms for entertainment and video-centric clients. Olympusat Telecom is a subsidiary of Olympusat Holdings, Inc., which owns, operates and distributes independent linear and non-linear programming networks to the Cable, Satellite, and Telco industries and is the leading distributor of Spanish-language networks in the US. Olympusat Telecom's business partners include: Akamai, Level 3 and others. For more information please visit: http://www.olympusattelecom.com/ or www.olympusat.com.