SOURCE: Imagine Communications
ORLANDO, FL--(Marketwire - Oct 17, 2012) - SCTE Cable-Tec Expo® -- Imagine Communications, a leading innovator in advanced digital video solutions, today announced "next: Dense Multiscreen Transcoding." The next: platform supports up to 1280 HD multiscreen profiles (or 2,560 SD multiscreen profiles) in a single 4RU system. Additionally, with its integrated 100 percent system redundancy and less than two watts per HD profile, Imagine's next: establishes a new bar for multiscreen transcoding performance.
Alternatively, available in a 2U server or 10U blade system, the next: platform represents the latest performance leapfrog enabled by Imagine's unique hybrid hardware/software system transcoding architecture. The market-leading video quality and service reliability that has come to characterize the Imagine portfolio are fully integrated in the next: platform making it not only the densest platform on the market, but also the most dependable.
"The next: platform is an exciting, yet logical, progression for Imagine, enabling us to address not only those applications with the highest demands on video quality and bandwidth efficiency, but also those with equally high requirements for space, power and cost-performance," said Imagine's Founder and CTO Ron Gutman. "Through an intelligent re-use of Imagine software modules and an active strategic partner program, the next: platform enables a new and unique set of solutions for both multicast and unicast services. Multiscreen applications, such as local and ad-inserted channels, network PVR and 'just-in-time' cloud transcoding, are now not only within technical reach but also within an operational budget."
Key features and benefits of the next: platform include:
- 100 Percent System Redundancy: By leveraging an existing and proven redundancy capability deployed in front of over 20 million homes worldwide, the next: platform provides physical hardware redundancy, n+1 video processing redundancy, input source redundancy and output interface redundancy.
- Superb Video Quality: Advanced de-interlacing and compression techniques allow for improved video quality and compression efficiency at any bit rate and any resolution.
- Integrated Multiscreen Solution: Dense transcoding integrated with packaging and HTTP streaming solutions provides an all-in-one system solution for multiscreen Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) streaming.
- Low Power Consumption: At less than two watts per HD profile, and less than one watt per SD profile, the next: platform is a full order of magnitude more power efficient than other leading solutions.
- Unlimited Video and Audio Streams Per ABR Group: Unlike other multiscreen transcoders, the next: platform is not limited to a defined set of video and audio streams per ABR group, providing system operators with flexibility to adapt to changing multiscreen requirements.
- Full Range of Video and Audio Transcoded Outputs: The next: platform stands apart by combining video transcoding to any resolution, including 1080p60, with audio transcoding to any output format.
Imagine is showcasing the next: platform for the first time at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo®, the cable telecommunications engineering show of the year, held in Orlando, Oct. 17-19, booth #2006.
About Imagine Communications
Imagine Communications is a leading innovator in digital video solutions, enabling content providers and system operators to deliver bandwidth-intensive services with optimum video quality and Quality of Experience (QoE). Imagine's products serve the digital IPTV and broadcast markets as well as emerging PersonalizedTV® applications such as multiscreen TV Anywhere, Network PVR (nPVR) and mobile video. Imagine is based in San Diego, Calif. with R&D in Israel. Imagine's management team includes industry leaders with decades of experience delivering innovations in video communications. For more information, visit www.imaginecommunications.com
The Imagine logo, ICE-Q, ICE, ICE Illustrate, Enabling PersonalizedTV and PersonalizedTV are registered trademarks of Imagine Communications, Inc. Other company, product and service names mentioned herein may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.