SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 14, 2013) -
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight (http://www.hoteltonight.com/), the leading last-minute hotel booking app, is offering great rates and special perks at some of its most romantic properties this Valentine's Day. In addition to the app's always-featured Impulse Deals, HotelTonight will also highlight an "HT V-Day Pick" in most of its 80+ destinations on February 14th.
- HotelTonight staff hand-selected each HT V-Day Pick, featuring hotels with unique, romantic features and amenities perfect for a spontaneous Valentine's Day. Additionally, all HT V-Day Picks are among HotelTonight's most highly rated and reviewed properties.
- All hotels are offering HotelTonight guests their best rate and many HT V-Day Picks are including a Valentine's Day surprise at check-in, like a free bottle of champagne or handmade truffles.
- A few notable HT V-Day Picks include:
- Soho Grand Hotel (NYC-Downtown)
- Vanderbilt Grace Hotel (Newport, Rhode Island)
- PUBLIC Chicago (Chicago)
- Gale South Beach (Miami)
- Palms Place Hotel & Spa (Las Vegas) - Offering its best suites for a ballin' Valentine's Day
- With these handpicked romantic hotels, HotelTonight has done the legwork for those in need of V-Day plans at the last minute, making it easy to save the day with a spontaneous date night.
- HotelTonight also released a new infographic today that explores the last-minute nature of Valentine's Day. This information, compiled from existing studies and collected from HotelTonight bookings on February 14, 2011 and February 14, 2012, shows just how spontaneous everyone's favorite romantic holiday is. Some of its findings include:
- 60% of all Valentine's Day purchases are made last-minute
- 1/3 of people have completely forgotten Valentine's Day
- HotelTonight bookers in Orlando, Portland and San Diego were the most last-minute on Valentine's Day, with the highest rate of bookings after 5:00pm.
- To see this infographic data and HotelTonight's suggestions for a spontaneous V-Day go to: http://blog.hoteltonight.com/post/42960438789/htvalentine
- Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $35 million in funding and established itself as the leader in mobile travel. By building apps that allow users to easily book incredible same-day hotel deals at great properties, HotelTonight is revolutionizing the way consumers book travel.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad and any Android device. Download the app here: www.hoteltonight.com/now.
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at noon local time, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel rooms at great values in over 80 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking.
- All hotels are personally vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2 a.m. local time.
HotelTonight was launched in 2011 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in over 80 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California with a London-based European office, HotelTonight is backed by some of the top venture firms and travel-industry pioneers in the world. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.