SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 18, 2012) -
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight, the leading last-minute hotel booking app, released Version 4.0 of its iOS app and Android app today. The new versions bring customers more of what they love about HotelTonight, by including expanded hotel offerings personalized for each user. HotelTonight is the first mobile app to personalize the hotel booking experience.
- To offer the best deals possible, HotelTonight will continue to display a limited selection of quality, vetted, discounted hotel rooms at noon each day. In addition to HotelTonight's display of Impulse Deals, the new version of the app will offer customers dynamic, personalized hotel options in a variety of categories, including:
- Closer to Your Current Location
- Liked By Similar HT Bookers
- You Stayed Here and Liked It
- A Bonus Luxe or Hip Hotel
- In circumstances where HotelTonight's Impulse Deals may not be a fit, the new bonus hotels will offer alternate choices that may better suit a customer's situation or preferences. When a hotel that matches a customer's preferences is found, HotelTonight will display it below the featured deals. This expanded selection will be based on a customer's past booking history, location, etc. and give users more options with the same ease of booking a vetted hotel room in 10 seconds through the app.
- Version 4.0 of the iOS app will also feature:
- Hotel ratings from customers who've booked through the app
- Distance to hotels when you're within 10 miles
- Simpler-than-ever way to book a multi-night stay
- Easier navigation to nearby and related cities
- City list now organized by country (especially helpful for HotelTonight's international customers!)
- A new, sleek redesign throughout the app
- Version 4.0 of the Android app will feature the above, as well as:
- Improved swipe navigation throughout the app
- Enhanced support for Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean devices
- A beautiful, responsive new UI, with attention paid to every single design detail
- HotelTonight is the only hotel booking app that's made for mobile from the ground up. The app has been downloaded more than three million times and is consistently in the top 10 travel apps in the App Store, with an average App Store rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, and 4.4 out of 5 stars in Google Play.
- HotelTonight is currently available in over 50 destinations in the U.S., United Kingdom and Canada, and gives hotels the opportunity to fill unsold rooms while providing customers with exclusive access to deep discounts at high-demand hotels.
- Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $35 million in funding and established itself as the leader in mobile travel. By building apps that allow users to easily book incredible same-day hotel deals at great properties, HotelTonight is revolutionizing the way consumers book travel.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad and any Android device. Download the app here: www.hoteltonight.com/now.
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at noon local time, HotelTonight offers three same-day hotel deals in each of its destinations, with deep discounts of up to 70 percent off. The app also now offers an expanded selection of hotel options personalized to customers' tastes.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking.
- All hotels are personally vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2 a.m. local time.
Sam Shank, Co-Founder and CEO, HotelTonight
"HotelTonight was built for the on-the-go, mobile consumer. Every single feature we add to the app is created with this mobile-first mentality. The new personalized hotel options give our customers even more ways to book a last-minute room at a hotel that's already been vetted by the HT team. Travelers and locals alike trust us to provide them with the right hotels, whenever they need them, making their lives easier, more fun and more spontaneous."
Christopher Bailey, Co-Founder and CTO, HotelTonight:
"People think that we're just app builders, but an intense amount of math and logic behind the scenes goes into making the HotelTonight experience simple, sleek and magical. Version 4.0 of the apps are the culmination of months of hard work brainstorming, designing and coding to bring an innovative, dynamic and killer product to loyal and future HotelTonight customers. Our goal is to change the way people travel, and we think with this release we've done just that."
HotelTonight is the only booking app that is made-for-mobile. Available for free in the App Store and on Google Play, HotelTonight offers the best pricing for last-minute deals at top hotels vetted personally by HotelTonight staff. Perfect for business travelers, leisure travelers and spontaneous locals, HotelTonight deals are currently available in over 50 destinations in the U.S., United Kingdom and Canada. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the app.